Spectrum Brands - The Home & Garden business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. We are a leading supplier of consumer products nationally for the home, lawn and garden, insect and weed control markets. We deliver groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality to consumers with our well-recognized brands including Spectracide®, Hot Shot®, Cutter®, Repel®, Black Flag®, Garden Safe®, EcoLogic® and Liquid Fence®.
Responsible for selling and servicing Pet, Home and Garden, a subsidiary of Spectrum Brands Inc., products through established national retail accounts in assigned territory. Represents United Industries in all activities associated with National Retail Accounts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs sales activities of Home and Garden products to Retail Accounts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key store level decision makers (IMAs, Department Managers, Store Managers) for the purpose of enhancing, growing and driving sales.
- Meet or exceed sales goals by maintaining store presentation standards through resets, fixture installation, store sets, retrofits, inventory reconciliation, shelf maintenance, display maintenance and POP installation.
- Place replenishment orders with store management to increase volume and contribute to bottom line sales.
- Identify opportunities for incremental display space to drive volume goals.
- Provide product knowledge training to store personnel with the intention of allowing them to better drive sales to the end user.
- Assist retail consumers with the selection and purchase of Home and Garden products.
- Conduct pricing surveys and track orders to determine if any additional selling opportunities are present.
- Assist in interviewing and training Seasonal Merchandisers.
- Provide daily direction to Seasonal Merchandisers including planning, organizing, leading, assigning and directing work.
- Provide mentoring, problem-solving and continuous improvement support; address and resolve critical issues immediately.
- Ensure compliance with performance expectations and all company values and policies including safety, attendance, store presence, and travel.
- Ensure highest level of expectation for customers and consumers. High interaction with stores and selling product.
- Assist and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Must understand and demonstrate safe work practices at all times to ensure a safe work environment.
- Contribute to the accomplishment of key performance indicators including safety, quality, production, cost and development.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree or additional training beyond high school preferred.
- One (1) to two (2) years previous sales and/or retail experience.
- Previous leadership, supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish
- Ability to communicate clearly (speaking, writing, active listening) and demonstrate professional behavior at all times.
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities through effective organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative and sense of urgency to exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrate competitive drive and will to succeed for business growth.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and implement sustainable solutions.
- Ability to effectively lead and delegate in a professional manner and demonstrate integrity and respect for others at all times.
- Ability to travel extensively and safely within territory with overnight travel as needed.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, weekends and evenings as needed.
- Access to reliable transportation to meet customer needs and company expectations.
- Ability to safely climb ladders, safely lift up to 60 lbs. frequently and safely perform the physical requirements and essential duties and responsibility in a retail sales setting.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to safely handle or feel objects, products, tools and/or controls.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must have access to reliable transportation daily
- PC skills (Spreadsheet, word processing, presentations).
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to climb ladders and the employee must frequently (or occasionally) lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level and working conditions may be similar to those for a warehouse facility.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Complex Problem Solving