Choose your path. Silgan believes in promoting from within - Opportunity starts here. Our Vision and Values of leadership, quality, integrity, and collaboration provides the foundation of Silgan Containers.
This foundation is why we are the leader in metal food packaging, and why we are an essential part of America’s food chain.
Silgan Containers the largest manufacturer of metal food containers in the U.S. is seeking highly talented leaders to join our Manager Trainee Program. As a Production Supervisor/Manager Trainee the successful candidate will learn and understand the five Key Plant Control Factors of Safety, Quality, Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Relations, and Operational Excellence. Launch or enhance your career in production management, apply today.
The Silgan Containers Management Trainee position and the Silgan Containers Production Management Development Program (PMDP) will train highly motivated & qualified individuals to assume Plant Supervisor or higher management positions within the organization. The position requires solid technical & mechanical aptitudes. The position will also require strong communication and leadership skills.
The Silgan Containers PMDP is designed for Management Trainees who are self-motivated individuals that work well with little to no supervision. The position is designed to assimilate both entry-level through mid-level Management Trainees into the Silgan Manufacturing environment over time.
While the position will not have any immediate subordinates, this candidate will be required to learn, understand, and positively impact 5 Key Plant Control Factors; Safety, Quality, Standard Operating Requirements, Employee Relations and Operational Excellence Tools. This candidate may be required to relocate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn and train personnel.
- Learn and apply written safety procedures.
- Observe work areas for safety improvements.
- Review and learn investigative processes.
- Learn and apply SPC principles & Basic Quality Tools (diagrams, flow/run/control charts, analysis, etc.)
Standard Operating Procedures
- Learn and train procedures
- Learn and maximize production throughput.
- Learn and manage equipment.
- Learn factory organization.
- Enforce SOP’s.
- Learn & review standard reporting.
- Develop & mentor employees.
- Direct & assign work.
- Administer Labor contract in union plants.
Operational Excellence (OpEx)
- Learn and administer established standards.
- Personal inspection of work force, material usage & production.
- Analyze reports.
Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- College Degree (or relevant work/training experience)
- Level (2) to mid-level (5 plus) years’ experience
- Leadership skills
- Great communication including both written and oral
- Technical and performance management skills
- Statistical and computer knowledge
- Problem solving and visual mechanic skills (blue prints and descriptions)
- Candidates with a strong mechanical, and manufacturing background preferred
- Candidates with supervisor/managerial experience preferred
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.
- Management Development
- Industrial Relations
- Performance Management
- State Laws