To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR 97204
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
*Production Supervisor III - Supply Chain - Oregon
Solenis • Portland, OR
Posted 7 days ago
Solenis is a leading global manufacturer of specialty chemicals for the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power, and municipal markets. The company’s product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets, and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company operates 30 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of 3,500 professionals in 118 countries across five continents. For additional information about Solenis, please visit www.solenis.com|Twitter | LinkedIn.
Solenis is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become part of a global community of 3,500 experts who work together to provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers’ unique challenges. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current career opportunities.Description
The Production Supervisor reports to the Plant Manager, and has the following responsibilities:
- Set an example as a champion of safety & environmental compliance
- Manage the production planning department.
- Supervise hourly employees for manufacturing operations and maintenance activities to ensure safe and high quality production.
- Drive and manage continuous improvement projects.
- Provide coaching and employee training.
- Evaluate employee performance, track improvement, and set individual goals for each employee.
- Develop Professional Staff
- Communicate and ensure compliance with all plant policies and procedures and maintain appropriate records.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues.
- Lead investigation of production and quality issues.
- Support Plant Manager in reconciling monthly spending activity with accounting.
- Ensure capital projects are in line with operator needs
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other applicable technical field
- 5+ years experience of operations in a manufacturing environment
- Must have knowledge of manufacturing operations, and equipment usage.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills and be able to work with all levels of management.
- Must be able to develop, coach, and council employees.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Computer skills including SAP or similar program preferred.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, environmental and safety rules and regulations.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with R&D and plant personnel, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), and internal functional groups.
- Basic skills in English (writing and speaking)
- 7+ years supervisory experience of operations in a manufacturing environment
- Training and black belt leadership experience in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience with developing and managing an annual budget.
- Automation expertise, including PLCs and DCS systems
At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether in the lab or the field, consider joining our team.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Should you require assistance in applying to this opportunity, please reach out to Solenis Talent Acquisition at 1-888-756-2701. #LI-EN1