We are seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic on 3rd Shift for our Rochester, NY facility. The hours are Monday-Friday, from 11:00 PM until 7:30 AM.
Who are we?
We are a leading provider of top quality rigid packaging. Our organization consists of more than 2,400 employees in over 55 locations. We are a customer driven company with proven expertise in the areas of custom design, supply chain fulfillment and diverse manufacturing platforms. We are a company that is passionate about helping our clients succeed. Companies nationwide rely on Consolidated Container Company to provide products, support innovation, facilitate marketing decisions and improve business performance in their daily operations. Our talented and diverse team of employees rivals all others in the industry. We are an end to end, total/turn-key/go-to-market solution provider from graphics design, bottle design, to merchandising solutions:
Corporate Website: URL blocked - click to apply Design Center: URL blocked - click to apply
What do we Stand for?
On a Daily Basis, We Exemplify Our Guiding Principles
What sets Consolidated Container Company apart from any other company is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people.
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat others with Dignity and Respect
- Seek Fulfillment in Your work
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allow our employees to feel valued and excited about the impact Consolidated Container Company has on both consumers and clients who use our products. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
Consolidated Container Company is committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees’ needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and Roth feature, CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to have a work life balance ensuring they are at their best in whatever they do. We offer a generous holiday, vacation and time off program as well as opportunities to contribute to our local communities and broader scale sustainability efforts.
In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employee’s professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions, seminars and a generous tuition reimbursement benefit.
As an Industrial Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for providing maintenance and repairs to our production equipment – including pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems – in order to ensure that production downtime is kept to a minimum. All activities must be performed according to corporate and plant safety standards and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as issued by regulatory agencies.
Your specific duties will include:
- Installing, adjusting, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on production and all related equipment
- Performing mold, neck tooling changes, pin, and other equipment changes
- Inspecting and replacing pneumatic and hydraulic hoses
- Inspecting, rebuilding, and replacing valves and pumps
- Maintaining machines in optimal processing condition
- Welding, fabricating, and repairing various machines
- Troubleshooting, locating root problems, and performing repairs
- Operating production machines as needed
- Performing additional duties as assigned by management
As an Industrial Maintenance Technician, you must combine your passion and talent for fixing things with a drive to continuously learn new mechanical skills. This will require that you have a positive attitude, an ability to accept feedback, and the flexibility to adapt to change. You must also be an excellent communicator, with the ability to interact effectively with supervisors and colleagues, whether as part of a team or on an independent basis.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to recommend process improvements
- Commitment to safe work practices
- Solid English language and reading skills
- Basic computer and email skills; familiarity with Word and Excel, a plus
- PLC experience, a plus
- Current OSHA forklift certification, a plus
- Related experience in the food industry, a plus
- Mechanical experience on small engines, cars, or farm equipment, a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Production Equipment Controls
Process Improvements (Business)