Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is a market-leading industrial technology company. We use technology to solve problems in spaces and light. Through our two business segments, Acuity Brands Lighting and Lighting Controls ("ABL") and the Intelligent Spaces Group ("ISG"), we design, manufacture, and bring to market products and services that make the world more brilliant, productive, and connected. We achieve growth through the development of innovative new products and services, including lighting, lighting controls, building management systems, and location-aware applications.
We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the industrial technology industry. We take pride in our 13,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to using technology to solve problems in space, light, and more things to come. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
About this opportunity:
Work directly with suppliers and the sourcing team to resolve invoice holds and recommend AP workflow improvements. Actively work with the business to improve processes.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Lead and drive (directly or indirectly) to achieve results
* Assist in training new team members and serve as an internal resource for best practices
* Develop countermeasures to prevent invoice holds
* Effectively handle multiple tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
What we are looking for in you:
* Technical savvy: Ability to learn new processes quickly and identify opportunities to improve processes
* Leadership: Ability to lead and drive (directly or indirectly) to achieve results
* Adaptability: Adaptive and open to change/flexibility within the job
* Problem Solving: Provides practical solutions to problems, participates in and leads Kaizen events
* Communication: Ability to communicate clearly across multiple channels of communication (verbal, email, PowerPoint presentations).
Experience (minimum experience required)
* 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience in a high volume and fast-paced environment
* Associate/Undergraduate degree preferred
* Advanced proficiency using Excel, Word, Power Point, Oracle or similar ERP
We invite you to
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Continuous Quality Improvement (Cqi)