- BA in Human Services or related field and one year experience in housing services or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience with homeless families and/or veteran services highly desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience with electronic database systems (such as the AWARDS system) is preferred.
- Strong ability to network and negotiate with housing providers a must.
- Solid organizational skills/strong communication and writing skills required.
- Willingness to attend occasional events outside of normal business hours, including Veterans Day.
- High energy level to complete assigned work and meet deadlines.
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island. Learn more about S:US, our mission, and values by visiting sus.org.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays