To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Marketing Manager (Finance Practice)
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP • Boston, MA
Posted 12 days ago
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with over 4000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is currently seeking a Marketing Manager to support the firm’s Finance practice. Reporting to the Senior Director of Business Development & Marketing for the firm’s transactional practices, this position will be responsible for formulating strategic marketing initiatives and managing day-to-day marketing activities within the Finance practice group. The Marketing Manager will coordinate on business development initiatives with their Senior Director and peers. This position interfaces with all levels of the firm, the practice groups, office management and clients. A high energy level and flexibility will be required in order to manage a busy workload and occasional business travel.
This position will work closely with lawyers, Business Operations, Business Development and the Marketing & Communications team across offices in planning, coordinating and directing all related business development and marketing activities. The Manager will have access to broad resources across the Morgan Lewis Marketing & Communications department, including a Public Relations team and a website and digital media team.
Candidates must be self-motivated, committed to excellence in the workplace, and have exceptional attention to detail. Intellectual curiosity and high levels of judgment, discretion, responsiveness, and initiative are also needed. The ability to effectively contribute at a high level, influence outcomes, and achieve strategic plan objectives is essential.
- Develops and executes on strategic marketing plans, prepares and manages annual marketing budgets
- Manages internal and external resources in the execution of marketing activities, including the development of pitches, presentations, and RFP responses, practice descriptions and brochures, attorney biographies; development of award submissions; development of focused thought leadership activities; and planning client relationship events
- Manages Marketing Coordinator(s); monitors work quality and workload, provides direction and training, and assists in career development
- Develops speaking and authorship opportunities with professional and trade organizations
- Identifies strategic industry conferences and events, and develops plans to maximize the firm’s presence there. Serves as the primary liaison for the Practice’s promotional efforts through trade associations and key industry events
- Performs analysis of competitors and their service offerings
- Works with the Finance Practice Group and related groups and industry teams to coordinate and develop assessments of emerging industry trends and issues to provide insight on service offerings
- Drafts internal communications, as necessary
- Collaborates with other marketing, communications and graphics team members
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Law firm or professional services experience is strongly preferred
- Minimum of seven of progressively responsible experience in marketing, communications, business and practice development, or a related field including experience creating and preparing marketing collateral, pitch proposals, presentations, RFP responses and award submissions and experience managing people and projects
- At least 2 years of leadership, supervisory or management experience
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape challenging major global law firms with substantial corporate/finance practices is a significant benefit
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategic business plans
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to work effectively with differing opinions and diverse personalities
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write business correspondence
- Proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Excel, and database applications and possesses excellent writing skills
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Strong leadership, organizational, team building skills
- Strong commitment to excellent client service
- Ability to work independently as well as manage projects and assignments in a collaborative team environment
This role will be resident in the firm’s Boston, New York or Hartford office.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting “Careers.”
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions – 1-866-963-7137 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions – email@example.com
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.