Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Capability Manager will be accountable for the implementation, support, and maintenance of OptumRx clients on external facing Prior Authorization platforms. This role will lead and guide the work efforts of OptumRx internal teams, clients and vendors in a collaborative and goal-oriented environment. The Senior Capability Manager is responsible for identifying resources in alignment with project priorities, driving collaboration and decisions across multiple levels of business, vendor, and IT partners to meet and exceed our client expectations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Represent OptumRx to our clients and vendors and act as a single point of contact unifying all aspects of support under the Prior Authorization capability
- Lead and guide requirement gathering and analysis activities within and outside of direct team
- Issue management, end-to-end (E2E) testing oversight and project documentation creation
- Function in a people leader role to provide leadership and guidance in collaborative efforts to identify solutions across various levels of professional staff
- Communicate and collaborate with IT, business, vendor, and client leadership
- Identify and influence team resources in alignment with product portfolio needs to ensure a successful client implementation
- Identify, diffuse, and resolve operational and organizational challenges for OptumRx clients
- Influence and negotiate across various levels and functional areas to identify viable solutions and drive consensus that meets business objectives and operational stewardship
- Manage projects, drawing on technical skill sets of how multiple systems communicate with seamless interaction
- Gather and track program costs and impact on OptumRx and our clients
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience engaging with technology partners, business stakeholders, vendors, and clients
- Proven experience communicating effectively and influencing others to drive collaboration, alignment and focus on all levels and across lines of business
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of Prior Authorization experience
- PBM experience
- Project management experience
- PAHub platform experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.