The Executive Assistant will use independent judgment and discretion to provide administrative support to the TEGNA Chief Financial Officer and ensure administrative support needs for Finance department executives are met by coordinating work of administrative staff. The ideal candidate is experienced in handling a wide range of executive support tasks with the ability to work independently and proactively with a positive demeanor. The candidate also has the ability to work well in supporting a dynamic and fast-paced organization and managing multiple tasks and conflicting priorities, with accuracy, flexibility, and attention to detail. The position requires a high level of discretion and strict confidentiality of proprietary and financial information.
- Work as a liaison between CFO and internal and external contacts, including Board members, investors, clients and direct reports, to include coordinating required meetings, scheduling and checking documents and reports for accuracy and thoroughness, and ensuring that necessary information is timely and appropriately disseminated.
- Manage projects for CFO, including preparation of Board of Directors communications, presentations, and meeting materials.
- Prepare and coordinate distribution of reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, including reports for CEO, CFO, and Board of Directors. This includes compiling and updating or editing bi-weekly status reports shared with CEO.
- Compile and update Key Performance Indicators for CFO and direct reports.
- Anticipate needs and assist leaders with awareness of upcoming deadlines.
- Provide general administrative support to Chief Financial Officer, including handling incoming calls, scheduling and coordinating meetings, preparing expense reports, coordinating travel arrangements and logistics, and other support functions. Functions independently, making decisions as needed on requests, deadlines, follow-up issues, etc. Serve as back-up for Executive Assistant to CEO.
- Responsible for ongoing review of workload balancing among Finance administrative staff, and monitoring performance in coordination with CFO and Finance executives. Manage staff schedules to ensure proper coverage including daily work hours and time off requests.
- College degree (or equivalent) plus minimum of 5 years' executive level administrative support experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, ability to work on multiple projects for different managers and track multiple deadlines with little follow-up
- Strong MS Office skills, including Excel proficiency and advanced PowerPoint skills, with ability to learn new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-starter needing little supervision, demonstrate consistent follow-through, judgment and time management skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, URL blocked - click to apply
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.