Pharmacy Technician Position Objective:
As an essential healthcare professional, you will be responsible for performing, under the supervision of a pharmacist, a variety of technical duties related to preparing, packaging, and dispensing medication in conformance with standard pharmacy policies and procedures. Position also responsible for data entry, billing, TPR resolution, and the general processing of prescriptions accurately and efficiently in the pharmacy software (Frameworks and ECM). This position is also responsible to establish and maintain a professional work environment, which encourages team participation in the problem solving process.
* Contact customer or prescribers or agents when appropriate (i.e. questions, clarifications, or confirmations).
* Create & maintain customer profiles including health, insurance, prescription orders and personal information in Frameworks and ECM.
* Dispense and label prescription orders under the direct supervision of licensed pharmacist and in compliance with all company, local, state and federal laws, guidelines, policies and procedures.
* Ensure all new NDC, generic substitutions and medications are entered accurately into the appropriate field in the Frameworks and are in compliance for packaging.
* Label dispensing boxes, vials, or other medications for pharmacist to check and verify.
* Perform quality control process and document any and all discrepancies when processing in Frameworks and processing medication orders.
* Comply with daily prescription order processing deadlines, releasing medication order batches from the data entry.
* Load, audit drug trays and provide preventative maintenance (i.e. cleaning and refilling) for RxSafe ASP 600 machine, under supervision of pharmacist.
* Verify customer insurance coverage type, including Medicare/Medicaid. Must have an understanding of plans and plan rejections to problem solve 3rd party prescription claim questions.
* Maintain confidentiality of customer information and proprietary information per company policy and HIPAA guidelines.
* Ensure appropriate documentation and prescription labels are printed and placed in the appropriate dispensing area.
* Audit prescription and patient data and correct when necessary.
* Audit and track inventory of pharmacy supplies and order medications and miscellaneous supplies when inventory requires, submitting medication inventory requests to pharmacists daily. Restock vials and boxes daily. Obtain pharmacist approval for orders.
* Take inbound calls from and place outbound calls to customers and health care provider offices assisting in customer resolution and answering questions or concerns while effectively delivering excellent customer service to all.
* Provide support as needed to telephone and fulfillment processing areas.
* Match incoming prescription paperwork with physician call back files when needed.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent is the minimum; Associate's Degree preferred.
CERTIFICATION: Must be state licensed, nationally certified pharmacy technician preferred.
-the certification must maintain active and in good standing at all times while employed with Simple Meds
-Minimum of 1 year of experience in any pharmacy setting (retail, LTC, specialty, hospital, etc) with any type of role (dispensing, billing, floor, infusion, IV office based, etc)
-Must have prior experience in an office environment and exhibit superior computer, customer service skills, and pharmacy knowledge
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call
888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Packaging And Labeling