As a member of the Pass-through consulting group (PSCG) you will be focused on the core tax issues that affect the heart of the firm's client base and an increasingly important part of the national and global business world. As part of that team, you would collaborate with fellow team members in a variety of areas, including Subchapter K, but your primary responsibility will be to oversee Subchapter S matters.
Pass-through entities range from billion-dollar investment funds to high-tech startups. The PSCG team works in concert with our local offices and M&A teams in assisting our clients with transactions, leads internal and external trainings, develops and deploys forward looking internal and go-to-market solutions that help RSM lead in the middle market. There are opportunities for client contact, interaction with leading members of the legal and accounting professions representing other parties in our clients' transactions, and government officials charged with interpreting the law.
- Serve as the Washington National Tax subject matter expert on S corporations and related federal tax matters. In this role, the candidate will serve as a National SME on S corporation matters as outlined in the U.S. Tax Technical Competency framework, performing functions outlined for that role.
- Consult with client engagement teams and clients as requested on S corporation federal tax issues.
- Assist buyers and sellers with transaction tax structuring decisions involving S corporations, working in concert with the functional tax lead and outside advisors.
- Assist M&A tax professionals as requested on Subchapter S matters arising during due diligence engagements, with a heavy emphasis on issues surrounding entities' qualification as an S corporation.
- Collaborate with the WNT Controversy team to address issues specific to Subchapter S that may arise during the audit process.
- Assist client engagement teams with section 1362(f) (termination) and 1362(b)(5) (late election) matters, including oversight of letter ruling process where appropriate.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in individual income tax and estate and gift tax to create holistic succession and estate plans for business owners.
- Research and analyze other issues related to pass-through taxation including but not limited to qualified business income, the net investment income tax, passive losses, shareholder basis and at-risk limitations.
- Develop processes, technology, and other tools used by the PSCG team and the firm as a whole, with an emphasis on issues relevant to S corporations and their shareholders
- Create and lead training sessions on S corporation topics directed at clients, general practitioners and other pass-through experts.
- Collaborate with the firm's Learning and Professional Development team on training needs for all levels within the tax practice in the S corporation area.
- Mentor and develop engagement staff, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit and retention
- Act as a member of the engagement team as appropriate for certain crown jewel clients.
- Seven or more years focused in pass-through tax issues, with a heavy emphasis on S Corporation taxation matters
- Industry specialization preferred, but not required
- Experience with trust taxation beneficial
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field required; advanced degree preferred (e.g., MST or JD)
- CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification required
- Strong research and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong executive presence and ability to participate in strategic planning initiatives
- Strong project management, leadership, and client interaction skills
- Highly disciplined and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. In accordance with applicable law and RSM policy, prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 . If not vaccinated for COVID-19 they must qualify for an accommodation to this vaccination requirement o r participate in testing . If you are located in New York, pursuant to current applicable law, you will be required to be vaccinated to enter the New York office and testing is not an option to enter the New York office.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID: req26695_MIA
Line of Business: Tax Services
SubFunction: BTE Pass through
Job Type: FullTime
Req #: req26695_MIA
Location: Miami, FL US
Job Category: Tax
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
- Career Counseling
- Customer Relationship Management