The position is responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service for the Sealaska Heritage Store by generating sales, merchandising, developing product knowledge, and assisting in developing store processes and procedures.
Greets customers of the Sealaska Heritage store, including answering phones and directing customer inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Receives and processes all payments according to standard procedures.
- Assists in the opening and closing of the store, including cash handling.
- Assists in floor moves, merchandizing, display maintenance, and store housekeeping.
- Maintains awareness of product knowledge and promotions.
- Completes, processes, and maintains applicable paperwork and records.
- Assists in the development of online store software, including photography, branding, and maintenance.
- Assists in shipping and handling policy and procedure development.
- Participates in collaboration meetings to enhance practices, procedures, and team building.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills
- High degree of initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position’s duties are performed at the Walter Soboleff Building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires frequent weekend work.
No travel is expected for this position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Student in good standing of a local school district; or
- High school diploma or equivalent
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Cashier experience
- Experience in general record keeping and assisting the public
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Knowledge of Alaska Native cultures
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Operate Cash Register
Resolve Customer Issue