To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Neptune, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Receivables Representative
Medix • Neptune, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a Medical Billing/ Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be responsible for analyzing physician documentation and consulting with physicians in assigning appropriate clinical diagnosis and procedure codes for a pediatric office.
Job Responsibilities of Accounts Receivable Representative:
- Responsible for following up on all unpaid claims, determine why they are not paid, and doing everything possible to receive a resolution
- Will be handling full-process from Insurance Verification to the follow-up
- Work directly with insurance companies via phone and websites
- Identifying and correcting billing errors and resubmitting claims to insurance carriers
- Providing review and remittance advice for payment errors, denials, and underpayments
- Acting cooperatively and courteously with patients, visitors, co-workers, and management
- Initiating appeals when necessary
Requirements Successful candidates for the Medical Billing Specialist should have a familiarity with third party fee profiles and reimbursement requirements. Someone who is detail-oriented and able to meet targeted deadlines would be a good fit for this healthcare billing role.
Additional requirements of the Medical Billing Specialist include:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, and ICD-9, CPT
- Minimum of one 1 + years medical billing/accounts receivable experience required
- Proven knowledge of insurance contracts & reimbursement
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 required
- Ability to identify patterns or issues within the billing process, ability to ensure timelines are met, claim information is accurate and current and quality standards are met
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Excel, etc.
Shift: M-F first shift
Job Type: Full Time
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, PTO
Pay: $16.00-18.00/hr (Based off of applicable work experience)