Director of Development
Nonprofit - Frederick County, Maryland
*This is a permanent direct hire position with full benefits.
Are you an experienced fundraising professional with a passion to help people in the community? Do you bring strategic thinking and strengths in building community partnerships? This may be your ideal opportunity to put those skills into action.
The Frederick Rescue Mission (FRM), a Christian faith organization which has been serving Frederick's most vulnerable for decades, is seeking a Christian with a servant's heart to become their Director of Development. FRM endeavors to save lives from poverty, homelessness and chemical dependency. This critical position will help to grow and sustain their ability to serve those in need. You will leave work each day knowing your contributions have helped people with the greatest needs, and also knowing you are making our community stronger by lifting up these individuals.
As Director of Development, you will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and a volunteer Board of Directors to provide leadership for the effective operation of all development activities. Duties include fundraising, public relations, marketing, grant writing and partner development. You will secure resources for standard operations and pursue additional funding opportunities to promote local programs.
• Manage, analyze and develop the donor and partner list using donor tracking software
• Supervise one Development/Marketing Staff member
• Develop long-term donor relationships and perform appropriate "asks"
• Plan and design the Annual Campaign, Capital Campaigns and Planned Giving initiatives
• Grant writing, research, cultivation and management
• Process donations and acknowledgements, manage in-kind donations
• Have an active role in budget planning, monitoring and controls
• Oversee and evaluate outcomes for all fundraising events
• Design and implement promotional and public relations strategies that promote the Mission
• Work collaboratively with the Executive Director on strategic planning and goal setting
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of quantifiable nonprofit fundraising and/or development success
• Working knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources for nonprofit organizations
• Excellent community networking skills and experience
• Proficiency with a donor database platform
• Ability to collaborate with and motivate Board members, staff, volunteers and peers
• Strong social media and public relations skills
• Desire to integrate your occupation and your Christian values and then put your passion to help others to work
Salary range: $60K - $65K with an exceptional benefits package.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Email blocked - click to apply ASAP!!
No phone call or emails to the local office please.