We are currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurse, CHT and/or CCHT to work under the direct supervision of the licensed professional nurse, to carry out technical and patient care treatment activities. This individual performs a variety of patient care duties and operates a variety of equipment necessary in the care of dialysis patients. This individual provides safe, effective, and compassionate care that is consistent with State and Federal regulations and Physicians Dialysis’ policies, procedures and guidelines and within his/her scope of practice.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- LPN - must have completion of accredited Nursing Programs with current licensure
- CHT / CCHT – must have current certification
- Current CPR Certification required
- Minimum of two years of recent dialysis experience required
- Must be able to initiate, monitor and terminate dialysis treatments
- Prior experience in a patient care setting, healthcare industry or comparable experience
- Prior proven experience and expertise in renal area relevant to patient
- Must complete facility’s orientation and training program
- Ideal candidate must be able to pass background screening
- The successful candidate must be able to read and interpret documents such as doctors’ orders, medical communications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Write and communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Speak effectively with patients, family members, visitors, physicians, and other staff members
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient records. Adhere to HIPAA
- Always comply with all Company established policies and procedures
- May serve as preceptor as assigned
- Performs other duties as requested
- Minimal travel required in this role
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts (dialysis equipment and machinery). The employees may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (lifting patients, etc.), includes ability to carry and transport up to 50 pounds up to 60 feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color differentiation, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Workplace