To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Knoxville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Maxim Healthcare Services • Knoxville, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Other Great Industries
Health Care, Nurse
The Psychiatric Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care. The Psychiatric Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) demonstrates the ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Psychiatric Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care.
- Responsible for all issues pertaining to the administration and ordering of medication, blood draws, nursing assessments, and patient care.
- The individual will be responsible for taking of medication orders and transcribing to MAR, administration of medications, ordering medications from the pharmacy, daily count of stock medications and narcotics, and keeping Medication Room up to agency standards.
- Take temperatures, pulse, blood pressure, and weight per program guidelines as well as blood draws as ordered by Physician and completing required paperwork.
- Responsible for taking urine samples as needed and completing all necessary paperwork and following nursing standards related to this process.
- Employee maintains the integrity of the clinical record through timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork.
- Documentation required is program specific and employee shall submit paperwork to appropriate departments as required.
- Other Psychiatric Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) duties as assigned
- Must be able to communicate effectively and participate in both verbal and physical de-escalation techniques. Ability to excel in a stressful, constantly changing environment is required.
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license for the state in which the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) practices.
- Prefer at least 1 year of experience in a psychiatric acute care hospital or related clinic as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) .
- Current BLS card.
- Current physical exam per state or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) contract requirements.
- Successful completion of Maxim screening tests with a score of 80% or greater.
- Must pass criminal background screening.
- Current TB test or chest x-ray.
- PALS/ACLS per Psychiatric Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) contract requirements
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: 454797
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.