To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Unified Communications Engineer
Apex Systems • Houston, TX
Posted 1 month ago
CAN WORK REMOTELY- must be located in Texas, Illinois, or West Virginia
Seeking a new Unified Communications Engineer to join our busy and experienced team.
You will be part of the Unified Communications team, who are responsible for supporting Enterprise Microsoft Skype for Business and associated technologies based on global high availability designs.
This company runs hybrid UC and collaboration services for some of the world's largest enterprise customers with 400,000 application users - we understand what it means to deliver mission critical services.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Unified Communications Engineer, looking to develop their skills in a fast paced global team environment.
You will join in a high responsibility and business critical role, working alongside our 24/7 Service Desk and other specialist teams.
Your main duties will include:
- Providing expert level incident and problem management for all modalities of Skype for Business and associated technologies, including SBCs and Voice Gateways.
- Acting as a Technical Account Manager, working alongside the Service Management team as the Technical experts.
- Supporting project work as a technical resource for our internal and external customers.
- Providing TDA support for all existing customer changes.
- Be part of the on call rota, providing out of hours technical escalation support.
About the Applicant
As a UC Engineer, you will be a key team player and will have excellent customer service and communication skills, and will bring the following skill set.
- Strong technical support/engineering background with a primary focus on Skype for Business/Lync 2013/Lync 2010.
- 4 years + Skype for Business/Lync/OCS Systems Support (2015/2013/2010) experience, which should include deployment and configuration of instant messaging, presence, audio-visual and web conferencing and familiarity with policy management.
- Understanding of factors which contribute to Skype for Business Call Quality.
- Advanced Windows 2016/2012 server platform experience, including AD, DNS, DHCP and PKI.
- Enterprise Voice, SIP Trunking and PBX/Gateway (Audiocodes, Sonus ad Squire) integration capabilities.
- An understanding of networking essentials (CompTIA Networking+, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Networking Essentials 70-058, Windows Server 2008 Networking Infrastructure 70-642).
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Ability to prepare quality written correspondence, and internal and external facing documentation.
- Excellent customer service and customer facing skills.
- Good communication, presentation and organisational skills.
- VOIP/IP Telephony Experience.
- MSCE Communication/MCITP/PSLP Certification.
- Demonstrable Hyper-V, System Center Virtual Machine Manager or other virtualisation technology experience.
- System Center Operation Manager or other System Center Suite experience.
- Experience in Call Quality Management Applications such as Unify2, Prognosis, Event Zero.
- Demonstrable service culture focus.
- Creative and with the courage to act with integrity.
- Experience in supporting successful projects.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious service provider with significant expansion plans for the coming years. This role is best suited to a junior Unified Communications Engineer with real drive and ambition, looking for a new challenge.
Department: Unified Communications
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178