Originate, manage and close a pipeline of high quality loans to successfully meet production objectives.
- Continually identify, develop and maintain an effective referral network of clients, realtors and other key business partners that serve as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Meet with prospective borrowers to analyze and collect relevant financial and credit data, determine client objectives, review financing options, and advise them on suitable loan financing options.
- Establish and achieve monthly production goals by demonstrating effective loan management process and closing skills that include working well with all loan fulfillment departments to successfully complete the transaction.
- Is proficient and has expertise in Opes Advisors programs, pricing, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, while demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Loan Originator with a demonstrated successful sales track record and established relationships in the assigned market
- BA/BS degree in business, finance or related field preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines.
- Possess superior customer service skills
- Must be organized and responsible and able to use good judgment
- Ability to learn and operate technical systems and programs quickly
- Knowledge of Encompass preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior Internal/External customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Effective and responsive telephone etiquette
- Perform at least 50% of work outside of the office
- Napa Valley
- Elk Grove
Transaction Processing (Business)
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 04099
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Flagstar Bank is a subsidiary of Flagstar Bancorp (NYSE: FBC). Flagstar is a national mortgage originator also operating as a traditional Midwest community bank. Along with personal financial services for consumers, Flagstar offers the full resources of a commercial bank.
View the full profile
Flagstar is headquartered in Troy, Michigan and employs more than 3,500 financial professionals across the U.S.
Flagstar’s recruitment philosophy is simple: find great people and give them the tools to be greater. Working at Flagstar isn’t for the casual or uninvested. We innovate, build, tear down and rebuild until it’s right - until it counts.
The great news is, Flagstar is hiring. If you’re ready to challenge the status quo, we’d love to talk to you. Visit flagstar.com/careers to search job openings and apply.
Flagstar Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mortgage, Commercial Banking, Personal Financial Services, Government Banking, Small Business Banking