To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Joliet, IL 60436
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Manager - 1st Shift
XPO Logistics, Inc. • Joliet, IL
Posted 1 month ago
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 6:00am – 2:00pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset. And we need leaders who will provide guidance and education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Maintenance Manager, you will oversee all facility maintenance personnel and activities, and maintain all equipment to ensure operations run smoothly. As part of our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Oversee all facility maintenance personnel and activities, including conveyor PMs, daily conveyor performance, technician scheduling, sanitation and housekeeping processes, PIT maintenance, and vendor management
- Coordinate outside contractor work such as trash removal, and other related work assigned by management; ensure mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment is properly maintained and in good, safe working order
- Collaborate with the property manager on building upgrades, inspections, and general upkeep of the facility
- Perform preventive maintenance of all facility equipment; maintain and repair equipment in a timely manner
- Train, supervise, evaluate, discipline, and recommend the termination of subordinates within established policy guidelines
- Monitor and maintain a file of all facility equipment purchase orders, invoices, and financial commitments; collect machine maintenance records
- Establish goals, policies, and standard operating procedures for the Maintenance department
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 10 years of experience in facilities maintenance with at least 2 years in a leadership position
It’d be great if you also have:
- Business education classes
- Formal maintenance education or certifications
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oreal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.