To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norwalk, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Supervising Construction Engineer (ID# 33961)
WSP / USA • Norwalk, CT
Posted 13 days ago
Experience - Greater than 15 years
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About WSP USA WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com. Position Description: WSP’s Connecticut Area Operation has an opening for a Sr. Supervising Construction Engineer on our Program Management Assignment for CTDOT on the Walk Bridge Replacement Program in Norwalk, CT. The $1B Walk Bridge Program will replace the existing Walk Bridge, the deteriorating four-track railroad swing bridge, constructed in 1896, that crosses the Norwalk River in Norwalk, CT. The Walk Bridge is a critical link on the Northeast Corridor and carries Metro-North New Haven Line, Amtrak and freight services. As part of the Walk Bridge Program, an advanced $225M contract will begin this summer that includes the CP243 Interlocking Project that will construct a new four-track interlocking and the Danbury Branch Dockyard Project, which will electrify and add tracks to the lower Danbury Branch line. The Sr. Supervising position will lead WSP’s team and be the main day-to-day contact for the construction contracts making up the Program. The position is very visible and requires strong technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills and the candidate must be an enthusiastic and motivated person to lead and manage people and assignments on this challenging Program. The successful candidate will represent WSP at project meetings dealing directly with CTDOT District Construction and Design personnel, FTA, designer and CE & I consultants. Responsibilities include a variety of construction engineering and design tasks in support of the Walk Bridge Replacement Program and oversight of the Program construction. Duties include:
- Coordination and oversight, scope, schedule and cost control, change control, progress reporting, issue resolution, etc
- Extensive experience in the design / construction of bridges and retaining walls, and constructability / construction staging, is required
- Candidates should possess 15 to 20 years minimum experience in engineering, design and construction engineering and inspection with a focus on bridges and rail projects preferred, moveable bridge construction experience considered a plus.
- Successful candidates must have the ability to work both independently and within a team environment with the capability to delegate and supervise tasks to support staff.
- Strong writing skills to support technical reporting as well as oral communication skills are required, and proficiency with MS Office including Access and Outlook preferred.
- Connecticut DOT experience preferred.
- BSCE, CT PE or ability to obtain CT PE and ability to work in this country immediately required.
Job ID: 33961
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.