As a Physician in an affiliated medical practice, provides medical services to patients in an assigned area.
MaineGeneral is seeking a BC/BE Medical Director to lead our Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine practice comprised of an experienced hyperbaric medicine PA-C, DPM, specially trained nurses, and hyperbaric technologists. MaineGeneral offers suitable patients Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, as well as a full range of wound treatment methods such as compression therapy, debridement, specialty dressings, total contact casting, vacuum-assisted closure, and application of skin substitutes.
This is a full time position with both outpatient clinic care, as well as inpatient consults. The selected candidate will be hyperbaric trained, or willing to be trained upon hire. The administrative duties will include meeting regularly with the technologists and safety officer, reviewing the emergency protocols, and responsible for acknowledging the competencies of medical staff completing the hyperbaric training. The medical director will oversee the dive process, ensuring the health and safety of the patients.
MaineGeneral offers a very comprehensive benefits package to include a generous paid time off, employer retirement contributions, and substantial educational loan repayment!
Come be a leader of an organization that was recognized by Newsweek as one of the World's Best Hospitals in 2022 and also by Forbes' America's Best-In-State Employers for 2022!
Doctor of Medicine (MD) - American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), Doctor of Osteopathic (DO) - American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Scheduled Work Shift:
Supporting all aspects of our employees' wellness - physical, emotional and financial - is a critical component of being a great place to work. With the wide range of benefits and programs available, employees have the resources they need to be well at every stage of life and plan for the future.
* We offer quality health, dental, and vision benefits and wellness programs and resources to provide employees access to resources for a healthy lifestyle and help manage health care costs.
* Employees have access to industry-leading leave for new parents.
* A generous earned time/paid time off plan is offered to all employees - We believe employees need and deserve time away from work to observe holiday, be with family, go on vacation, or simply take care of themselves.
When life gets challenging, employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program for employees and anyone in their household.
* An employee discount program is available to all employees for services provided by MaineGeneral Medical Center.
* Tuition Reimbursement is available to all employees to further develop skills and career.
* Educational Loan Reimbursement is available to pay down outstanding eligible medical education debt.
* Eligible medical staff receive both leave days, as well as reimbursement amounts for Continuing Medical Education.
* We offer eligible employees up to 2% of eligible pay in 403(b) company-matching contributions plus another 2% in the 401(a) retirement income plan. Eligible physicians are also provided the opportunity to participate in a 457(b) retirement plan should they meet their contribution limits of their 403(b) plan.
* Three insurance plans are available to protect your family from the sudden loss of income in the event of your death, terminal illness or serious injury from accident.
* Malpractice is provided, to include tail coverage to all eligible medical staff.
* We offer both short-term and long-term disability insurance to replace a portion of your income if you become disabled and cannot work for a period of time.
Helping our employees develop their skills and grow their careers is critical to how we retain our talent and sustain our business. We do this by offering our teammates a variety of leadership-supported programs and learning and development resources for every stage of their professional development. We know that our employees are our most valuable resource - they're how we grow our business and care for our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability Assistive technologies are available. Application assistance for those requesting reasonable accommodation to the career site is available by contacting HR at
MaineGeneral Medical Center has an internal referral bonus program for all employed medical staff. Please contact physician recruitment for more details of this program.
- Medical Emergency
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Wound Healing
- Hyperbaric Medicine