Our Kaman Industrial Technologies team in Fort Lauderdale, Florida has an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Sr. Mechanic to join the team.
This person would be responsible for delegating assignments to shop employees disassembling and reassembling of various types of rotation equipment. Ensure shop productivity and quality standards meet or exceed and always focusing on customer satisfaction.
Kaman Industrial Technologies, a platform of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of industrial products and solutions. We are proud to be a one source network for customers in various industries including food and beverage, power generation, and waste management. With over 150 locations across the United States and four million products and services, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that the ability to sustain our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to disassemble and reassemble various types of rotating equipment. (Pumps, Centrifugal, Submersible, Vertical, Turbine, Gear Reducers, Electric Motors and blowers.)
- Knowledge of tolerances for bearing fit and clearances, motor connections and testing.
- Knowledge of operating lifting equipment such as forklifts, hoists and cranes.
- Participate in team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Manage time effectively and work effectively with other members of the team.
- Performs all responsibilities within productivity and quality standards. Recommends improvements in efficiency and quality.
- Maintains equipment and work area to insure neatness with a priority on safe workplace for self and co-workers.
- Delegates assignments to shop employees
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures; report all unsafe activity to Operations Manager.
- Responsible for shop productivity while insuring workmanship and quality standards
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education \u2013 A minimum of High School Diploma or GED. Technical/Vocational training preferred.
Experience \u2013 A minimum of 2 years achievement of craft status in mechanical fields.
A valid driver’s license may be required.
Capable of lifting & moving materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
Standing, kneeling, crawling and climbing.
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position:
• Technical/Mechanical Abilities
• Results Oriented
• Listening/Probing Skills
• Problem Solving/Analytical
• Reading blueprints
• Leadership abilities
• Team Work
• Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
• Time Management/Prioritization
• Sound Judgment
• Organization and Detail Oriented
• Numerical Fluency
Knowledge Essential to the Position:
• Distribution Industry
• Tolerances for bearing fit and clearances, motor connections and testing
• Operating Lifting Equipment
• Quality and Safety Procedures
• Understanding and ability to use hand tools.
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business platforms: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 250 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KIT #KDG
Complex Problem Solving