Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This individual is responsible for the strategic development, management, and execution of our continuous improvement objectives. In this hands-on role, this person will lead the effort to support operations by implementing and sustaining Lean Manufacturing processes aimed at improving line efficiency/process optimization, product quality, labor utilization, layout optimization and operating costs for both existing and new products. Responsibilities also include strategic process improvement projects, training, equipment selection and maintenance. This individual is also responsible for coordinating Lean activities across Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) to drive consistency and optimization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles throughout the manufacturing process. Contribute to and assist with Continuous Improvement/Kaizen activities throughout HPS.
- Identify, plan, manage and execute continuous improvement actions that reduce cost, cycle time, and lead time while increasing safety, quality, and repeatability.
- Organize and coordinate Kaizen activities, including the planning and execution of Kaizen events/teams which includes the collection and preparation of proper prerequisite data for each kaizen event. Monitor and report on 90-day sustainment of Kaizen event improvements.
- Evaluate and execute time studies to establish engineering labor standards and routings.
- Prepare standard work documents for new and existing manufacturing processes.
- Lead projects and working teams to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and close projects.
- Train employees on Continuous Improvement techniques as needed to assure complete familiarity and ease of use. This includes Principles of Lean Manufacturing, Takt Time, Standard Work, 5S, Standard Work Cell Layout, Value Stream Mapping and other Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Implement and monitor sustainable visual management programs throughout the plant, including 5S, schedule adherence, and other shop floor reporting.
- Train and develop manufacturing support team to establish and ensure achievement of HPS goals.
- Support plant-wide Safety initiatives.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum of three (3) years Lean Manufacturing experience (Lean certification is a plus)
- Time Study and labor standards experience
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Facility layout optimization experience desired
- Experience with automation applications and implementation a plus
- Hands on, driven, analytical, results-oriented, customer-centric, self-starter with strong change management skills that enjoys leading diverse teams
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks and projects over a wide range of priorities
- Able to work with all levels of operational and professional staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer operation (MS Office, with proficiency in CAD and Visio a plus)
- SAP experience desired
- Attentive to details and accuracy
Position can be located in Aiken, SC; Greenville, SC; Leeds, AL; Centralia, MO; St. Louis, MO
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Masters Degree in Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
New Product Development
Continuous Improvement Process
Six Sigma Methodology