Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
The specialist’s primary focus will be flooring installer training and technical support throughout the United States.
Major Function and Scope:
- Works with Sales reps across the country to arrange and coordinate training events.
- Performs hands-on demonstrations and training at events. Answers questions and ensures transfer of knowledge to installers is successful.
- Provides technical assistance to installers by phone and email as needed.
- Provides input and assists with creating training materials including presentations, handouts and physical training aids.
- Stays current with respect to product knowledge, manufacturing methods and quality issues.
- Works with Sales and other Mohawk technical resources to provide on-site guidance at key customer installations (e.g., new builder first neighborhood).
- Works with plant technical resources to conduct tests and studies designed to further our understanding of product performance.
- Records and analyzes data and prepares technical reports.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision:
- Highschool diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in floor installation
- Skills in training, needs analysis, program and curriculum development, training delivery and training evaluation methods
- Knowledge of learning concepts and effective approaches for facilitating that learning; in-depth knowledge of competency identification and development methods.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to create documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Experience in training others in construction methods or floor installation techniques.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management, internal and external customers. Ability to present information accurately and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated competency in instructional design, needs assessment, performance measurement and evaluation, and process improvement.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal and consultative skills. Ability to partner with others to accomplish objectives and goals. Ability to build solid working relationships across divisions/functions. Ability to work with diverse audiences and to gain agreement on issues and next steps.
- Ability to formulate action plans and timelines necessary to execute those plans. Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
Disclaimer: The information on this description was prepared by Compensation and department management and is designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Flexibility to travel approximately 50-75% of the time. Able to schedule travel and coordinate training activities with members of other Mohawk teams.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.