Our team in Houston is looking to add a Project/Cost Controls Professional to provide valuable support to our award winning projects. If you’re looking for a challenge, consider joining Jacobs!
As a Project/Cost Controls professional, you'll partner with our project managers to ensure complete awareness of project cost and risks as well as provide alternative strategies for mitigation/opportunities. You'll utilize advanced Enterprise System platforms and data analysis solutions to support service excellence.
Typical duties will include:
- Develop, monitor, track, analyze, forecast, and report on project budgets, estimates to complete, commitments, expenditures, project progress and productivity, work plans and schedules, projects cost at completion, WBS cost coding, subcontracts, and change management.
- Preparation of spreadsheets and a wide variety of routine cost analyses, cash flow, and other cost related evaluations
- Set-up, monitor & report earned value progress measurement systems for projects, including analysis based on input from project leads
- Produce various planning and scheduling reports and analysis
- Consolidate performance data to support performance measurement, data analysis, and cost forecasting.
- Assist in the development of project work plans and schedules, create client and internal status reports that effectively communicate schedule status and identify critical path.
- Provide technical guidance to other project controls staff in schedule and cost control procedures.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed.
• Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance, Cost Management, Engineering, Project Management, or equivalent
• Good verbal and written communications skills and a desire to work with details
• Experience in using and understanding earned value progress and experience in all phases of home office engineering
• Proficient computer skills using MS Office tools and Excel
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Experience with Excel Macro level, Power BI and dashboard development
• Program related experience with engineering, business, construction management, or related field
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ] .
- Cash Management
- Change Management
- Construction Management