To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Staunton, VA 24401
- Avante Group
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cook - Full Time
Avante Group • Staunton, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Birch Gardens Assisted Living is seeking a Full-time Cook to prepare Resident Meals, Snacks and Beverages in accordance with Federal, State and Local Standards and Avante's established Standards, Policies and Procedures; also as directed by Dining Services Manager/ Assistant Dining Service Manager to ensure that a quality dining experience is provided to all Residents.
Essential Job Functions: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and serve food, beverages and snacks in accordance with planned menus
- Follow established portion control procedures
- Ensure correct storage of raw and leftover foods
- Assist with daily or scheduled cleaning duties
- Perform all tasks in accordance with established universal precautions, sanitation, safety and infection control Policies and Procedures
- Attend schedule in-service training
- Participate and assist in Dining Services Department studies and projects as assigned by Dining Services Manager
- Any additional duties as assigned by Dining Services Manager or Assistant Dining Services Manager
- 2 years previous Culinary experience
- Completion of High School or GED equivalency
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Show the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions
- Must speak and understand English
- ServSafe Certified (or successful Certification within 90 days of hire date)
12 Royal Drive
Staunton, VA 24401
Avante provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, Veterans' status, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender, genetic information or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal requirements, Avante complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Avante expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, Veterans' status or any other category protected by law. Improper interference with the ability of Avante's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline, up to and including, discharge.