Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Founded in 1887, the Anderson™ brand was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc. (HPS) in 1995 and manufactures products for the distribution, substation and transmission markets. Anderson products include electrical connectors, clamps, crimping tools, fittings, and accessories. The products are proudly manufactured in HPS' facility in Leeds, Alabama.
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094
Oversee daily production processes as well as supervise hourly employees while pursuing continuous improvement in areas such productivity increases, improving effectivity while minimizing cost.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead teams that are focused on the primary purposes of daily operation through safety, quality, service, and productivity levels within budgetary guidelines
- Direct lead persons to guide, direct, and assign work to their fellow employees and maintain records as necessary
- Ensure hourly workforce is flexible and properly trained
- Must handle the interpersonal aspect of the job including disciplinary activity, coordination with other supervisors, work rule enforcement, and labor relations
- Maintenance of data and reports related to the supervised area using Microsoft applications such as Excel and Access
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma
- Demonstrated real world Problem Solving experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- BS Degree in a technical field (Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical Engr. preferred)
- Experience writing and revising procedures, work instructions, forms, visual aids and etc.
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 QMS
- Experience with SAP
- At least 3 years supervision experience
High School Diploma
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.