Founded in 1955, Blain's Farm and Fleet is a specialty retailer with privately-held stores in the Midwest. Our philosophy is simple: offer the hardest working people in America an honest value and the best customer service. We do this by carrying the best brands at the lowest price possible, and hiring and training talented, hardworking people. As a member of the Blain’s Farm & Fleet family, you will benefit from a stable work environment, family-owned company that is closed on major holidays and offers a comprehensive, competitive benefits plan.
The Assistant Service Center Manager would assist the Service Center Manager in overseeing the Service Technicians and the Automotive Service Center department.
This can include, but is not limited to:
- Customer Service
- Provide technical assistance to Service Center Technicians and support
- Assist in directing and training Service Technicians and support
- Attending annual training seminars
- Assigning tasks/jobs to the Service Technicians and support
- Perform all Service Technician and Service Desk Coordinator duties
- Assist in conducting daily shop goal assessments to the company’s expectations/budgets
- Drive customer and company vehicles
- Assist in controlling Service Center expenses (payroll, claims, supplies, etc…)
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with Loss Prevention and Safety policies and procedures
- Maintain and repair Service Center equipment
- Conduct 45-90 day and annual performance evaluations
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Great communication skills
- Prior Automotive Maintenance experience is preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Prior Retail experience preferred
- Able to work nights when needed and at least every other weekend
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background checks
- Able to attain an ASE Certification in A4 Steering and Suspension and A5 brakes
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain forklift certification
- Ability to read and speak English and communicate with customers and co-workers
*Michigan Stores Only* ASE A4 and A6 Certifications required for Tech Level II and ASE A3, A4, A5 and A6 Certifications required for Tech Level III OR equivalent Michigan certifications.
- Paid Holidays and Paid Vacations*
- Profit sharing*
- Parental leave*
- Flexible work schedule
- Associate discount program
- Exciting and engaging work environment
- Short and long term disability and life insurance
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Cultivating Long Term Relationships
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Assistant Service Center Manager
Sales Manager (Management)
Estimated Salary: $90K
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 2019-7705
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in 1955 by brothers W.C. (Claude) Blain and N.B. (Bert) Blain, Blain's Farm & Fleet stores are specialty discount retailers with 36 locations throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. Receiving management, merchandising and distribution services from Blain Supply, Inc., each retail store is a division of one of the Farm and Fleet Corporations, as shown in our store locator. They are not owned by or a subsidiary of Blain Supply, Inc. Following the vision of their father, Robert Blain and Jane Blain Gilbertson (N.B. Blain’s children) remain steadfast in offering customers high-quality products, competitive prices, reliable service and providing you with a family shopping experience. Blain’s Farm & Fleet stores have 150,000 items available for sale so that everything you need for your family or for a project are found under one roof. Major Brands Offered: Carhartt, Levi's, Sag Harbor, Hamilton Beach, Chicago Cutlery, Rubbermaid, CharBroil, Huffy, Purina, Toro, Black & Decker, Moen, Michelin, John Lyons, Science Diet, Milwaukee, Delta, MTD, Healthtex, Columbia Sportswear, Farnam, Fram, Lee, KitchenAid, Cuisinart, Coleman, Cooper Tire and many more!