Praxair, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linde plc, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest URL blocked - click to apply. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty URL blocked - click to apply, and high-performance URL blocked - click to apply. Our products, URL blocked - click to apply and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of URL blocked - click to apply, including URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply, manufacturing, primary URL blocked - click to apply and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply.
Praxair has an immediate opening for a Pipeline Control Specialist. This position will work from the Pipeline Business Center in The Woodlands, TX.
The Pipeline Control Specialist is an hourly Pipeline Control position. The Pipeline Control Specialist functions as an Operations to Business Interface. The Pipeline Control Specialist is a high visibility position with exposure to all levels of Praxair's executive management.
This is a (D.O.T.) Department of Transportation / Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (P.H.M.S.A.) regulated position.
This position uses SCADA technology to monitor safety, profitability, efficiency and contractual compliance in real-time. Monitored and controlled equipment includes:
Air separation plants
- Steam methane reformers
- Pressure swing adsorption units
- 3rd party sourcing
- Partial oxidation units
- Hydrogen storage cavern
- Competitive cross-ties (buy and sell)
- Product compressors
- Customer meter stations
- Interstate pipelines – Texas, Louisiana, Indiana, Michigan, New York. Occasional travel is required for training purposes.
Daily activities include:
Five (5) or more years of pipeline, refinery, process, plant, and or other similar related control board experience
- Must be a team player and able to foster good working relationships and rapport
- Well-developed customer focused skills and be willing to quickly adapt to changing situations, have strong communications skills, and a strong will to build and maintain productive relationships internally and externally
- Solid analytical/critical thinking skills and must be detail-oriented.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated mathematical skills
- Must maintain composure under pressure
- Applicants must be willing to work nights, holidays and weekends as required
- 12 hour rotating-shift position (~14 days/nights per month worked)
- Random Drug Testing Required
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) experience essential
Attention To Detail