Job Description & Qualifications
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you'll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we're constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we're continually seeking diligent, driven performers who think creatively to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
Sign-on bonus of $7,500 for qualified candidates!
What you'll be able to do:
Coach Safety, Quality and Productivity ensuring the following objectives are met:
* Enforce compliance with Safety Operating System practices to include, but not limited to: Combustion Safety; Energy Lockout; Pedestrian and Vehicle Safety; Working at Heights; Pre-Task Analysis (PTA); and licensing and safety training requirements
* Drive Continuous Improvement through a focused maintenance program designed to reduce scrap and ensure reliability of error-proofing devices
* Lead skilled trades/maintenance personnel to evaluate controls requirements for maintaining and improving production yields, throughput, and up time
* Responsible for monitoring day-to-day production processes, tooling, and operations related to automation equipment
* Analyze equipment performance and work to improve efficiencies; actively participate in Constraint Review Process
* Ensure equipment start-up readiness for production
* Optimize throughput in accordance with budgets and cost objectives: meet or beat schedule
* Meet FTT, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and tooling expense targets
* Supervise material control (spare part inventory), repair and rebuild programs, and reliability and maintainability reviews
* Create a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities/tasks; build and champion a team environment between production and maintenance
* Supervise preventive maintenance schedules, preventive and predictive inspections, and make repairs to minimize down time
* Coordinate and schedule manpower and materials to meet maintenance requirements while minimizing down time; coordinate maintenance activities with other plant operations as needed
* Conduct root cause analysis of downtime issues to prevent recurrence (4D process)
* Work with ME/PE to launch new programs or equipment, optimize floor layouts, coordinate equipment refurbishment, and develop standardized PM programs from FMEAs
* Execute prioritized daily maintenance activities (predictive, preventive and crisis maintenance) while ensuring full utilization of work force while optimizing available opportunities for all maintenance
* Coordinate weekend and shutdown maintenance planning
* Fully integrate Leak Tag and Jumper Tag process into daily operations
* Control and monitor oil, water, and energy usage
* Complete 100% of mandated EOS PMs at the prescribed frequency
* Use Vis Plant monitoring software to review cycle times of automation, review and follow up automation project's and installations
* Troubleshoot PLC, robot, and other automation problems
* Update program backups for automation
* Reprogram automation for engineering changes and improvements
* Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends
The minimum requirements we seek:
* HS Diploma or GED
* 1 or more years' experience troubleshooting maintenance issues in a manufacturing environment
Our preferred requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
* 1 or more years' working with PLC logic and controls
* 1 or more years' of electrical experience
* 1 or more years' of conveyor experience
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision
* Capable of assigning work to unionized hourly workforce and holding employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms safety, quality, and throughput
* Strong problem-solving skills, including 8Ds, FMEAs, and DMAICs
* Familiarity with Fanuc and Kawasaki robots
* Familiarity with RS Logics
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
* Ability to read prints, AutoCAD, interpret and modify electrical schematics
* Strong understanding of conveyors system programming and body tooling techniques, in addition to networking and understanding, DH+, Ethernet, remote IO
* DMAIC and DMADV (DFSS) Project Methodology experience
* Familiarity with Visual Factory Management
* Final/Body shop/stamping/paint/subassembly experience
* Knowledge of constraint management principles
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Supervisor (Paint) - KTP
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Auto Cad
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Define Measure Analyze Improve And Control (Dmaic)
- Design For Six Sigma