Most companies say employees are Number One. We really mean it and our reviews as one of the top 20 places to work shows are employees feel it. Let’s start with what’s in it for YOU. Why choose Blue Raven Solar?
We ENCOURAGE your health and wellness, both physical and mental! Stop by our onsite Fitness Center, indulge in our fully-stocked fridge and cereal bar, get free counseling from our Employee Assistance Program, take advantage of dental services that will come straight to our lobby and take a moment to celebrate even the most obscure holidays – including the ones we invent (talking to you, Blue Raven Spirit Day)
We CELEBRATE you. Join any of our corporate groups, or as we like to call them “Conspiracies” (A flock of Ravens) including, but not limited to Blue Raven Women, Pride, Book Club, Foodies, Service, Play Ball!, and more
- We want you to become our next LEADER. We want people who are ready to stand up to the plate. Our goal is to double in size in 2022, that means a lot of leadership opportunity for only the boldest among us!
- And of course we offer all the necessities: Medical, Dental, Vision and even Pet Insurance, 401k, Company Paid Holidays and PTO, and SO much more!
- We care about our communities, and we have integrity. We strongly believe that you should always be serving others. We actively donate to Give Power; their mission is to provide clean water to third world countries all across the globe.
- We’ve also been voted as Best Places to Work, Inc 500, Inc 5000, Business Excellence, Most Customer Friendly, A+ with the BBB, just to name a few.
Job Level: Coordinator-Entry Level
Location: Orem, UT
Reports to: Design Senior Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: Part-time/Full-time (20-40 hours) Flexible schedule preferred
Designers area critical piece of the solar installation process. The work completed by Design is a direct reflection of the customer’s preference and install capabilities. As a new Designer, you’ll work directly on our Design team, starting as a Design Trainee and reporting to the Design Trainer for the first 12 weeks. Successful completion of Design training yields advancement into Designer I level and responsibility for creating designs to be installed on residential homes, as well as preparing professional documentation for various jurisdictions nationwide. Designers must communicate effectively with sales representatives, co-workers, and field technicians to ensure accurate installation across solar projects. They identify problems to create solutions with minimal direction and see them through to completion. Candidates may be hired for this specific position, but are ultimately hired as employees of Blue Raven Solar. Therefore, candidates should expect their responsibilities to change as the needs of the business change. We ask all new employees to be flexible and approach each new opportunity with a go-getter attitude.
- Design solar projects using multiple programs and software, referencing structural, electrical and fire codes nationwide
- Create permit applications for submission in different jurisdictions
- Make informed decisions to maximize solar potential on residential projects
- Answer phone calls quickly and professionally – with great customer service
- Communicate clearly with coworkers in office and in the field to ensure high quality solar installations
- Effectively use the available software: CRM, Excel, SiteCapture, AutoCAD, Aurora
- Has at least a high school diploma or equivalent
- Communicate effectively, professionally, and kindly
- Multitask, manage time well, be organized, and stay busy with work-related tasks
- Be a go-getter who is willing to take on initiative/responsibility, solve issues, and create results
- Communicate well with people of varied backgrounds and ability levels
- Learn, track and follow up on details
- Take responsibility for individual and shared tasks
- Be resilient when faced with challenges
- Experience in any CAD software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; specifically, Excel
- Successful track record of continued professional growth
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer and technical programs quickly
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Experience in AutoCAD preferred
- Two years’ experience in the solar industry or one year experience in PV design preferred
- 95%+ attendance and schedule adherence, request time off in advance, does not miss excessive work due to sick/personal days
• (with full-time position only:) Paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Accident, Life Insurance, HSA Savings Account, 401k
- Auto Cad
- Business Transformation
- Customer Service