The Global Head of Investor Relations & Corporate Finance will lead the firm’s global corporate finance initiatives and serve as a principal intermediary between JLL and the institutional investor community. This individual will drive consistent and brand enhancing corporate communications and messaging specific to financial results, growth opportunities, and business initiatives to the analyst/shareholder community in collaboration with internal stakeholders. The role will provide financial analysis in support of the global capital allocation strategy while maximizing shareholder value through long-term and near-term investments. The Global Head of Investor & Corporate Finance will partner with the Treasury team to evaluate capital funding sources to support new investments and working capital needs. Additionally, this individual will play a critical role in reviewing deal economics and structuring when evaluating merger & acquisition opportunities.
The position is based at our Chicago, IL headquarters and reports directly to the Global Chief Financial Officer with interface to the broader JLL senior management.
- Develop investor confidence in JLL's vision for delivering shareholder value while creating a robust investor relations strategy, narrative, and framework
- Responsible for monitoring the overall effectiveness of all investor relations programs, as well as for recommending new strategies/programs to broaden shareholder/Wall Street interest
- Maintain an outstanding reputation by demonstrating consistent and clear communication with analyst/ investor community including recommendations and continuous improvements to JLL’s investor relations website and use of technology/mobile tools to allow for meaningful access to the firm’s financial information
- Work directly with the global CEO and global CFO to lead the quarterly earnings release process including: developing themes and tone; drafting & reviewing earnings related documents; preparing for Q&A sessions; and following up with sell side analysts and investors post earnings
- Develop and manage a comprehensive investor outreach and targeting program including investor road shows (NDR’s) and JLL’s Investor Day
- Provide continuous feedback and make strategic recommendations to the CFO and CEO regarding the investment community’s perceptions of JLL, its actions and its peers. Provide strategic recommendations to enhance investor confidence
- Monitor and engage the firm’s shareholder base to track significant movements in ownership and receive key messages from shareholders for JLL’s senior management and Board of Directors
- Review and comment on the quarterly and annual filings and other collateral materials with the Securities and Exchange Commission ensuring accuracy, quality and enhancement of key messages and financial metrics
- Drive the firm’s corporate finance and merger & acquisition activity including: collaborating with senior management on deal terms; managing investment banking relationships; oversight of financial modeling and analysis; governance of transaction approval by the investment committee; and leading the transaction documentation review/approval process
- Collaborate with the global CFO and CEO on the firm’s strategic priorities
- Manage the company’s 10-year corporate finance model including the long-term business outlook, the JLL Beyond Strategy target achievement and capital use forecasts
- Evaluate capital funding sources and support execution of debt & equity issuance activities
- Evaluate quarterly leverage profile and together with Treasury, manage relationships with credit rating agencies
- Provide in-depth, comprehensive competitor performance analysis across the real estate services sector and provide relevant updates to the firm’s leadership
- Widen the firm’s performance benchmarking to a selected group of peers outside the real estate services industry, proposing strategic and operational opportunities based on best practices among those peers
- Responsible for developing a high-performance and agile investor relations/ corporate finance team
Exemplary executive presence – has the gravitas and sophistication to appropriately command the room, both internally as a leader and externally to stakeholders
Innovative–inquisitive, challenges status quo, thinks outside the box
Cultural alignment - unwavering ethical standards; drives excellence and innately collaborative
Operational “heft” –comfort and experience with complex, large and heavily matrixed organizations
Strategic and critical thinking – exhibits strong levels of insight and intellectual curiosity
Digital savviness – ability to recognize and act on evolving technology trends impacting the business
Transformational leader–adjusts style to accommodate individuals and the various phases of growth
Collaborative-team with constituents who vary in approach and style to achieve results
The Head of Investor Relations & Corporate Finance must be a seasoned professional who has extensive experience generating results and leading teams with effective management skills. The role requires a corporate professional who has entrepreneurial style, looks to the future with optimism to envision what could be possible and implements best in class transformation.
Qualifications required include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting; MBA preferred, CFA designation is desirable
- 15+ years as a leader of in-house Investor Relations function in a publicly traded global organization(s)-preferably FORTUNE 500
- Strong foundation in financial planning & analysis, corporate finance and interpretation of financial statements of a global listed company
- Exceptional track record creating positive relationships with the investor community and equity research analysts
- Superior financial and investment analysis capabilities, including clear and thorough understanding of financial modeling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the capital markets, as well as a thorough understanding of key metrics for companies in the industry
- A strong knowledge of macroeconomics, capital markets trends, competitor activities, industry dynamics, and customer trends
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful messages for inspiring employees and investors
- Extensive experience working collaboratively across global organizations and wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to command the room with C-Suite and Board level internal stakeholders
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to travel 25% of time—including globally
- Ability to live in Chicago-relocation assistance will be provided
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.