Kforce has a client in search of a Business Object Developer in New York, NY.
DEP, with the client's most diverse and unique fixed asset inventory, one of the largest capital budgets in the city and the responsibility for close coordination on financial reporting with the Water Finance Authority, has a substantial need for FMS data related to budget, financial and accounting matters. This function will enable DEP to provide detailed reports and other technical information from FMS to its oversight agencies (i.e. OMB, the Comptroller's Office, the Water Board, the Water Finance Authority, the Law Department, etc.) in a timely manner.
This position will be adequately empowered to access FMS for implementing on demand reporting, data generation and other related services required by DEP. This function will augment the client's existing resources to reduce the processing time required for reviewing, designing, implementing and approving DEP requests for data related to fixed assets and capital primarily and, as needed, expense, revenue, procurement, accounts payable reports and other special mandate-driven and time sensitive requests. In addition, this function will provide technical assistance and support in enhancing the Department's understanding and access to other existing resources that may be useful (i.e. Crystal, RMDS, modules, etc.).
As a Business Objects developer, the individual will perform the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain reporting structures including data structures, Business Objects Universes and related structures, SQL queries and reports to support the needs of the FMS project as well as on-going needs of business owners
- Review reports and supporting SQL and other code, test scenarios, test scripts and proactively address any gaps and identify any potential pitfalls - A must have skill
- BA in MIS, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized college or university or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on development experience working with Business Object XI (R3.1-R4.1 a Must - R4.2 a Plus)
- Strong background in relational database technologies - Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and writing SQL, PL/SQL
- Good understanding of SDLC having worked through at least one full iteration of a complete SDLC on a major large-scale project including reporting, ETL and data warehousing
- Strong reporting development background, in a large data warehouse environment
- Extensive command in Business Objects Architecture
- Must have excellent business analysis skills, able to interact with senior business staff to derive and interpret business needs
- Proven proficiency and understanding of end to end Business Intelligence systems architecture from the perspective of data extraction and Reporting
- Hands-on proficiency with Oracle SQL, SQL Server, PL/SQL (DB2 a plus)
- Proven experience in balancing multiple tasks with critical timelines; High level flexibility is required to be able to quickly adapt to management directions, to address any ongoing or changing business needs
- BO Java SDK Development experience a plus
- Strong understanding of ETL processes, tools and Data Warehousing Architecture & Design
- Experienced person that can assume responsibility and work with little direction
- Quick learner with ability to understand and become a SME in the business data definitions and requirements in order to understand reporting requirements
- Candidate should be experienced in working with senior business managers
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Sql (Programming Language)
Search (Computer Science)
Extract Transform Load (Etl)