Senior Technology Network ManagerBuffalo, NYPosition Summary:
The Network Manager will ensure technology solutions are aligned to enhance the member experience and facilitate the business of life.By developing, designing, implementing and maintaining a reliable and secure voice / data network to support M&T's business needs.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- VOICE / DATA NETWORK MANAGEMENT: Develop, design, implement and maintain highly available (24x7x365) and secure voice / data network infrastructure to support M&T's business needs. Provide oversight and management of voice / data network, Unified Communications technology, and video/digital technology communication channels.
- VOICE / DATA NETWORK STRATEGY: Develop & implement a voice / data network, unified communications & video / digital strategy roadmap. Own solution design in support of project delivery and technology roadmap execution. Working with leadership, assist in the evaluation of cloud based models and any subsequent migration of on-premise infrastructure to a cloud-based system and data converged networks.
- NETWORK OPERATIONS: Own maintenance and support of voice / data network, Unified Communications technology, and video/digital technology. Actively identify and make recommendations regarding operational improvements. Provide ongoing review of capacity requirements in order to align with budget planning. Act as the IT escalation point of contact for network operations and communicates closely with Senior Management during all outages. Delegates daily operational tasks such as equipment deployment, system maintenance, and required reporting. Serve as a subject matter expert on business continuity and scenario analysis. Provide input regarding system protection and utilization.
- SUCCESSFUL VENDOR ALLIANCES AND OVERALL MANAGEMENT: Define the product services roadmap, and ensure vendors are adhering to the highest operational standards by supervising performance management procedures. Build trust and strong alliances with key agencies and vendor partners with the aim of deepening and broadening relationships with them so that M&T becomes a part of their inner circle of clients.
- WORKFORCE PLANNING AND TALENT MANAGEMENT: Manage Information Technology Network team to align with department and M&T's goals and objectives. Proactively develop and coach team to enhance their strengths and provide opportunities to build their experience level. Provide opportunities to collaborate with other departments on enterprise related projects. Recognize and reward performance and project achievements.
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT AND SERVICE STANDARDS: Establishes and maintains procedures and controls to ensure timely, smooth and consistent integration of new technology and solutions. Ensures compliance regarding regulatory agencies. Encourages efficiencies and agile business models to meet shifting member behavior.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Serve as a subject matter expert to Enterprise Project Center and business units regarding technology solutions and implementation plans. Ensure project deadlines are realistic and accurate based upon enterprise priorities.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Maintain professional development and certification through active learning opportunities. Participate in webinars, online learning, new system training, industry articles and regulatory updates. Actively engage in goal setting (personal and team) and achievement for the Developmental Road Map (DRM). Keep up to date on regulatory issues, techniques and industry technology.
- BRAND AMBASSADOR: Champion REAL service both internally and externally. Represent M&T in a professional manner in customer relations, vendor relations and industry groups. Ensure our brand is experienced by every member and vendor touch point.
Minimum of Associates' degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related degree field from an accredited university or equivalent mix of education and experience required.
and 11 years' technology management or large program leadership experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 13 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 11 years' technology management or large program leadership experience
Minimum ten (10) years of experience with enterprise network architecture, including complex network design, hands-on implementation of voice / data networking devices, Unified Communications technology, & video / conferencing technology.
Must have at least five (5) years of experience in an IT Management role. Experience in large 24x7 production Information Technology operations.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this position and/or may be encountered while performing essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and strategic and creative thinking abilities.
- Assumes responsibility for achieving results.
- Unified Communications, Video and conferencing technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge in cloud computing architecture.
- Basic security standards with network design and best practices.
- Builds collaborative and productive relationships across the enterprise.
- Demonstrates effective time management.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to stand, walk, and sit. An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds to perform essential position functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position may require travel up to 10% of the time based on business needs.
Regular attendance is an essential function of this position. This means that the employee is required to report to work on time and must remain available to clients during scheduled hours.
This position requires face-to-face interaction in person or by telephone and e-mail with members, clients, and vendors.
Project Life Cycle
Measure Project Progress
Costs For Projects