- Drafting and reviewing contracts of all types, including NDAs, credit agreements, investment products, operating agreements, and intra-company servicing agreements.
- Researching and analyzing complex regulatory issues and advising portfolio companies on compliance matters.
- Assisting business principals with the evaluation and due diligence on potential investment targets.
- Assisting with legal department interface with Chief Financial Officer, Sr. VP Human Resources, and Chief Information Officer.
- Managing outside counsel on discrete transactions.
- Collaborating with business principals and in-house legal at portfolio companies on a regular basis.
- Managing relationships with legal department vendors.
- Assisting as needed with management of any litigation matters or other disputes involving the company or its holdings.
Education and Experience:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school.
- Must have approximately ten (10) or more years of relevant experience.
- Active membership, in good standing, of at least one state bar.Strong corporate law experience.
- Must have experience in aviation and transactional practice and relevant contract law.
- Must have experience in managing financing transactions and other complex transactions.
- Some experience in litigation is helpful.
- Experience advising clients in the private equity environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of regulatory issues surrounding financial services and insurance industries.
- Understanding of corporate finance.
- Familiarity with mergers and acquisitions.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts of all types.
- Some exposure to understanding of corporate risk management practices, such as employment issues, data security, insurance issues, and information governance.
- Experience writing legal memoranda and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, customers, and business community.
- Experience in handling or supervising civil litigation desired.
- Ability to resolve conflict between groups with opposing perspectives, agendas, or priorities.
- Ability to handle long term and/or complex legal projects with significant financial or other business impact.
- Ability to manage outside counsel in a cost effective manner.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be efficient, with a desire to achieve successful results.
- Must exhibit a high level of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality of work product.
Normal amount of sitting, walking and standing, average mobility to move around an office environment. Occasionally may be required to lift and carry up to 10lbs. Must be able to use hands and arms for repetitive movements, such as movement of wrists hands & fingers while typing. #CB
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Mergers And Acquisitions