To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager Physician Billing and Collections - Physician Billing, Full-time
AbilityLab • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
The Manager, Physician Billing and Collections is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of Patient Financial Services (PFS) personnel engaged in the billing and collection functions for physician patient accounts. Recommends improvements, reduces denials, and facilitates efficient processing and patient accounting operations. Assures that timely and consistent follow up is done for patient accounts by payers for all physician billing of employed physicians and affiliates.
The Manager, Physician Billing and Collections will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Manager, Physician Billing and Collections will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Manager, Physician Billing and Collections:
- Manages activities of subordinate personnel to ensure payment collection in order to maintain a stable and predictable cash flow, which includes assuring insurance coverages are verified, credit situations are prudently evaluated, payments are promptly received and credited and delinquent accounts are followed up.
- Develops and administers policies, procedures, goals and objectives for collection and customer service as well as other areas of responsibility, in consultation with the Executive Director of Revenue Cycle.
- Prepares various reports including denial management reports, credit balance reports, and special financial reports, and where appropriate, analyzes results and presents trends to management.
- Interviews, hires, trains, schedules, assigns work to, evaluates the performance of and, when necessary, disciplines subordinate personnel.
- Researches and recommends alternative procedures designed to reduce costs and minimize labor requirements.
- Builds and maintains relationships with third party payers in order to resolve problems that could not be handled by subordinate personnel.
- Collaborates with Physician Services and reports monthly performance, making recommendations for improvements and as appropriate, assembles project teams.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the Executive Director, Revenue Cycle
- Minimum of an Associates’ Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or 3 – 5 years of direct experience with physician accounts receivable.
- At least five years of related work experience including healthcare collection and billing, computer systems, basic finance and statistical analysis, and third party payer procedures with at least three years in a supervisory role in order to effectively direct the functions and activities of the department.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively discuss financial problems and arrangements with various Institute and outside agency personnel.
- Analytical skills necessary to examine patient accounts, detect and resolve problems relating to accounts receivable, and prepare and administer policies, procedures and budgets.
- Must be able to independently set and organize work priorities for self and team members.
- Communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with internal/external customers in various circumstances.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting in order to maximize quality and efficiently of operations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to establish and meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.