The role of the Export Specialist is to facilitate the movement of all consolidation shipments and all international shipments in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, and to comply with relevant local, country and international laws and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain positive working relationships with Jackson personnel (e.g. cell leaders, managers, Purchasing and employees) and people outside of Jackson, such as Customer Service.
• Maintain up to date email correspondence with Customer Service, Freight Companies, Brokers, Customs Agents, Plant Management, Accounting, Etc.
• Proactively communicate safety, quality, and other issues to Management.
• Provide training to employees in cell.
• Train new employees
• Prepare and properly maintain all required export shipping documentation.
• Proactively coordinate export freight arrangements with carriers and brokers as required.
• Assist with releasing orders
• Perform other related duties as needed and assigned
• Resolve shipping discrepancies with international customers
• Serve as backup to the team leader
• High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum 2 years in manufacturing, preferably in some form of Export and/or Shipping role.
• Must be able to interpret NAFTA documents and all other laws and procedures required for compliance with Export of goods. Leadership and basic knowledge of lean manufacturing tools preferred.
• Must have excellent communication and human relation skills, the ability to multi-task, good technical and mechanical comprehension of the functions of products, tooling and work methods. Must be decisive and have the ability to react to problems, which arise on an ongoing basis and have good reading, writing and mathematical skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled