Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking a highly motivated Lithography Engineering Intern for Fab10 in East Fishkill, NY. Primary responsibilities will be to optimize lithography processes / equipment to achieve quality, cost, productivity and technology objectives.
Essential Responsibilities :
Qualifications Required Qualifications :
Improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, Design Of Experiment techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills.
- Contribute to development of new technologies, and transfer of those technologies from development to high-volume manufacturing.
- Implement controls and procedures for preventing quality excursions.
- Support the manufacturing line by working with Maintenance teams to define action plans to fix down equipment and improving equipment uptime
- Support engineering and development activities to achieve the desired cycles of learning
- Work on continuous improvement projects to optimize processes with regards to process stability, tool speed and wafer yield.
- Help establish and execute specific department plans and strategies to support the fab to achieve manufacturing objectives, including cycle time, line yield, equipment efficiency
- Participate in continuous improvement programs, using Lean Manufacturing practices to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Support Fab's efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture.
- Utilize risk management and problem solving skills eg. FMEA, DMAIC, 8D.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education: Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering or Material Science
- Experience: Course work in semiconductor or integrated chip manufacturing
- Proficient in data analysis, SPC and DOE
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
5% of travel required
- Relevant experience in Manufacturing or Development
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Fluency in English Language - written; verbal
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Intern - Process Engineer Lithography
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
Statistical Process Controls
Failure Mode Effects Analysis
Define Measure Analyze Improve And Control (Dmaic)
Complex Problem Solving