Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
The Regional Director of Sales partners with Program leaders and participates in the recruiting, hiring, and training of new sales staff, as well as developing sales strategies for the Programs in his/her region. S/he oversees Program growth, assists in ensuring the sales team’s execution of the sales plan, serves as a sales resource to all staff, and ensures the professional development of sales staff. The Regional Director of Sales will assist in the start up of new Programs as directed by the Senior/Vice President of Operations.
The Regional Director of Sales consistently demonstrates strong leadership, striving to achieve or exceed the goals identified under the Six Pillars: Regulatory Compliance, Colleagues and Culture, Quality, Service, Growth, and Financial Responsibility, in order to ensure the long-term viability of the Company.
The Regional Director of Sales is responsible for modeling our Company Values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus way, using the Six Pillars of Success as the foundation. S/he embodies the Company’s culture, both internally and within the community, striving to promote Compassus as the premier provider of quality hospice care and the hospice employer of choice. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for fully conforming to current laws, rules and regulations of applicable state and federal regulatory agencies and other certified agencies. S/he promotes positive working relationships within the Company and between the Company and all external stakeholders, serving as a Company ambassador to the community.
Regulatory Compliance Pillar of Success
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations; and reports any and all suspected non-compliance.
- Creates a compliance-conducive environment in which Company policies and procedures are the operating norm.
- Models leadership and compliance in all circumstances related to protecting patient, family, Colleague, and Company confidential information.
- Contributes as necessary to internal and external surveys, audits, and investigations, providing truthful and accurate information.
Colleagues and Culture Pillar of Success
- Attracts, hires, and retains the best Colleagues.
- Creates a positive climate in which each Colleague feels highly valued, involved, and engaged; productivity is fostered; quality and service are promoted; and our “employer-of-choice” reputation is advanced.
- Promotes an open-door policy, direct communications, trust among the sales team and between the sales and clinical teams, and respect for the needs of each individual as a person, in order to achieve a high-performing work team.
- Champions regular, effective communications in one-on-one and group settings, using both listening and speaking skills to promote deeper understanding, collaborative problem solving, and team effort toward a common goal, thereby optimizing Colleague engagement and retention.
- Communicates well horizontally, vertically, and within the matrixed organization.
- Demonstrates a caring connection with all Colleagues, treating everyone with compassion, dignity and respect.
- Handles difficult situations with composure and assists Colleagues with their work-related stress.
- Gives frequent and appropriate feedback, coaching, and mentoring, recognizing and rewarding strong performance, and helping Colleagues develop and accept accountability for their individual and team performance.
- Devotes the necessary time to ride-alongs to ensure sales Colleagues’ peak performance.
- Effectively manages poor performance with feedback and guidance; removes Colleagues who do not conform to policy or have consistently low performance in a fair, timely, and compassionate manner.
- Engages Human Resources as a strategic business partner, maximizing HR tools to achieve the desired culture.
- Exhibits personal commitment to continuous learning, soliciting and incorporating 360˚ feedback.
- Supports and encourages Colleagues’ continuous learning, helping them grow, improve, and change.
- Integrates change management strategy when planning changes.
- Partners with Human Resources in recruitment, hiring, discipline, and discharges to ensure legality and consistency with policies and procedures.
Quality Pillar of Success
- Leads with compassion, integrity, and excellence.
- Reflects, prepares, plans, and executes with excellence the “first time, every time.”
- Understands core issues and provides logical solutions.
- Engages subject matter experts and stakeholders, and leverages their input to arrive at the best solution.
- Ensures Colleagues have all necessary experience, training, and credentials to deliver excellence.
- Solicits feedback from internal and external customers and responds appropriately to feedback in the interest of improving quality.
Service Pillar of Success
- Prioritizes and promotes the Compassus Service Commitment, exemplifying its promise in all actions and attitudes.
- Always seeks to exceed the customer’s expectations, serving everyone with dignity and respect.
- Responds to internal and external customers with a sense of urgency.
- Follows through with commitments made to customers.
- Solicits feedback from internal and external customers and responds appropriately to feedback in the interest of improving service.
Growth Pillar of Success
- Demonstrates a “Level 5” Commitment to achieving Company growth and results to ensure long-term viability.
- Serves as a sales resource to all Colleagues in support of the Growth goal.
- Assesses opportunities and develops local initiatives to achieve stated goals, based on systematic analysis of supporting data and in concert with appropriate Company resources.
- Tracks and communicates progress toward goals.
- Assesses marketing/sales needs, creates a plan, gathers resources, executes, reviews, and modifies.
- Creates and manages by a “Book of Business” for each Hospice Care Consultant and region.
- Defines and manages the monthly and annual sales objectives for all sales staff.
- Closely monitors all sales metrics, including contacts, closing, and conversions.
- Assists Executive Director in planning and presenting educational, informational, and marketing programs to area professional groups.
- Establishes professional relationships in the community, promoting the Company to yield patient referrals.
- Works closely with Compassus Medical Directors to drive referrals.
- Proactively monitors and reports on issues affecting the region, including competitive pressures, talent, recruiting, market/industry movements, and other challenges that impact regional performance.
Financial Responsibility Pillar of Success
- Understands the Big 5 operating expenses.
- Participates in the development of and adheres to the budget.
- Analyzes available data to make sound financial decisions, lowering/eliminating costs where possible and ensuring the optimum return on investment for sales and marketing strategies.
- Makes efficient and effective use of time, Colleagues, and other resources, balancing short-term results with long-term organizational health.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in marketing, sales, or related field, along with at least 3 years’ experience managing multi-site sales teams, is required. Alternatively, at least 10 years’ experience managing multi-site sales teams is required. MBA in closely related field is preferred. At least two (2) years’ experience selling services is preferred, especially within the hospice industry.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Strong oral and verbal communications. Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Leaders, Colleagues, patients and family members and the general public. Communicates well horizontally, vertically, and within the matrixed organization.
Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
Ability to assess trends and anticipate issues, identify any gaps, establish and analyze facts, diagnose the root cause of the problem, generate potential innovative solutions, develop an action plan, and execute. Ability to interpret financial and other data in a variety of forms and deal with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Work Schedule and Travel
Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends. Must be able to travel extensively, including frequent overnight trips.
Values of compassion, integrity, and excellence. Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Understanding and acceptance of the hospice philosophy.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Must have a valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Colleague is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The Colleague is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The Colleague must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Frequent driving is required.
Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.
URL blocked - click to apply
Training And Development