To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mechanicsville, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Accounting Analyst
Owens & Minor, Inc. • Mechanicsville, VA
Posted 2 months ago
We Provide Solutions to Help Healthcare Work. Better.
Are you ready to be a part of the Solution?
Established in 1882, Owens & Minor is a Fortune 300 company with 50+ facilities across the US and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries. We are a leading provider of healthcare solutions, ensuring that hospitals and healthcare providers are able to offer the best care to their patients through supply chain and point-of-care services.
We believe that our success starts with our teammates and we offer a variety of benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
Responsible for the oversight of all accounting and financial results reporting activities for one or more of Owens & Minor business reporting units. This will be a hands-on position that will interact with business unit leadership and coordinate with teammates in various departments to ensure the proper execution of accounting functions and the accurate reporting of financial results at the business unit level. Performs senior level accounting and analysis functions that support the compilation of accurate monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial results. Prepares business unit financial reporting, provides accounting and financial reporting services to business unit leaders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for the accounting and closing process for one or more business units in order to meet financial closing and reporting requirements. Responsible for all accounting functions, ensuring transactions and financial results are properly recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP and other statutory reporting requirements, as needed.
2. Serves a part of a cross-functional team as internal subject-matter-expert for one or more designated specialized areas (i.e., business-line reporting, system application expertise, indirect spend accounting and reporting, product and rebate accounting, customer margin accounting, payroll and benefits accounting, consolidation and reporting, or others).
3. Prepares monthly financial reporting results packages with comparative analysis of operating results with variance explanations. Communicates results to business unit leadership and provides analytical accounting support.
4. Builds and maintains strong working relationships with business unit management and other home office departments in order to streamline the overall accounting operations and close processes.
5. Coordinates and consults with the Financial Accounting Manager, Director of Accounting and the Director of Financial Reporting on accounting issues.
6. Responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate accounting policies, U.S. GAAP, statutory reporting requirements and other regulatory requirements (Sarbanes-Oxley) as it relates to designated areas of responsibility. Minimizes Company risk from accounting errors by ensuring proper accounting/financial processes are developed and maintained.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related disciplinary area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
2. CPA, preferred.
3. Minimum seven (7) years of Accounting or related experience, required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Must have a strong accounting technical background (GAAP).
2. Financial consulting skills; ability to conduct needs analysis, identify issues, recommend alternatives and implement change.
3. Ability to manage and implement complex financial projects.
4. Strong ability and experience managing and performing multiple concurrent tasks.
5. Verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate financial concepts to non-financial audiences.
6. Demonstrated understanding of financial processes and systems.
7. Ability to plan work for self and coordinate with others to meet multiple deadlines.
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
9. Ability to travel as needed.