The Product Design Assistant assists the product development team and is responsible for managing the strike off review process and comments in the Product Lifecyle Management tool, managing the library of strike approvals, and communicating comments/approvals to manufacturing partners. They will assist in performing color, scale and layout modifications to prints where necessary. They will partner with the Design Team on any meeting preparation. The Product Design Assistant will play a critical role in delivering work in accordance with each category's guidelines as well as in accordance with the JOANN mission and vision.
* Managing design production (strike-off) comments and approvals utilizing PLM tools. This will include excel navigation in time & action calendars. Effectively communicate to various manufacturing partners worldwide. Must use clear written and verbal communication give precise color and scale direction. 55%
* Execute print, pattern, color adjustments for designs to create production ready files. Ability to create repeatable art files, color reduction, file cleaning, organize files to send to vendors. 30%
* Partner with the Design Team on any meeting and handoff preparation. This will include space clean up, asset printing, arranging by trend with direction from design lead or manager. 10%
* Responsible for Data Asset Maintenance for files to align with organization standards. Taxonomy direction, uploading and downloading files to support design needs and asset creation. 5%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Experience using Excel, MAC platform, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, with CAD system knowledge is a required
* An understanding of graphic design, composition and type
* Understanding of a color spectrophotometer
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills, along with keen attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Flexibility and team-player mentality
* Ability to multi-task high volume and prioritize while working under tight deadlines
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education Minimum: 4 Year / Bachelors Degree. Field of Study: graphic design or illustration
Experience Minimum: 0-3 years of design/production experience working in-house or for a creative agency.
This position will be located at:
5555 Darrow Road Hudson, OH 44236
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Attention To Detail