Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Dal-Tile is currently seeking an exceptional Builder Specialist to join our TEAM! The Builder Specialist will increase product sales within assigned territory. Develop new business working with very large national/regional home offices of builders and design centers. Work closely with internal sales management, Sales Representatives, as well as, builders and interior designers to enhance residential sales.
Develops, manages, and guides the sales operations for the Dal-Tile Service Centers. Directs and coordinates all activities concerned with developing and implementing standard operating policies and procedures.
Major Function and Scope:
- Services very large existing builders, customer and builder Design Centers, and residential interior designers by making sales calls, developing business relationships, keeping them apprised of products, and merchandizing programs.
- Prospects, secures, and registers large new regional builders/custom builders as well as develop business relationships with, new design center managers, and new interior designers. Reviews products and merchandizing programs with new builders, design centers, and interior designers.
- Communicates with all levels of team members and residential flooring contractors by providing current information regarding registered builders products, merchandizing programs, and builder agreement parameters.
- Works with builders to specify Daltile products on their residential projects.
- Leads regular builder tracking meetings.
- Holds product knowledge seminars for builders and designers.
- Establishes a regional builder and interior designer database.
- Has a total working knowledge of all our marketing support materials and how they can best be utilized. Establishes working relationship with all builder customers, regional or divisional purchasing agents for those builders, to ensure that you have a complete working knowledge of their business practices and/or protocol.
- Develops an in-depth knowledge and expertise regarding all new single and multi-family construction in the region, as well as being knowledgeable of builders and interior designers within the assigned market.
- Communicates merchandizing trends and competitive products to the Marketing Department. Participates in regional or national trade shows, conducts product training seminars with builders and design center staff.
- Performs other assigned duties as required.
- Experience and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of builder operations and/or residential sales.
- Three or more years of related experience.
- Excellent oral, written, listening, communication and management skills necessary to effectively interact with team members, management, and other internal and external customers to build positive relationships.
- Business acumen and strategic thinking.
- Advanced design skills. Ability to approach unfamiliar situations and conceptualize a range of creative and imaginative solutions with ease, using creative skills to document and sell them to client.
- Versed on design trends and customer buying habits.
- Computer skills – MSOffice, MSWord, Excel and Power point.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance. The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures. The noise level is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
- Business Ethics
- Commercial Awareness
- Higher Order Thinking