To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melbourne, FL 32935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Designer IV
DRS Technologies Inc • Melbourne, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Leonardo DRS Land Electronics (DLE) has locations in Melbourne, FL and Huntsville, AL. DLE is a leading designer, manufacturer and integrator of highly engineered, technically advanced defense electronics and systems for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DLE specializes in the manufacture and integration of rugged communications components serving military command, control, communications, computer intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) initiatives, and we are a leading provider of ground vehicle diagnostic and test equipment. Products include cyber-hardened laptop and server computers and networking components, integrated voice/data/routing subsystems, integrated Battle Management Systems and software, vetronics, vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and combat vehicle applications, and fixed and mobile command post solutions.
Mechanical Designer IV
Develop ruggedized electronics packaging, mainly computers and displays. Working as a member of a project team, the Mechanical Designer will design, develop, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use ProE/ Creo to design products
- Create and release engineering drawings and documents using PLM systems
- Evaluate and recommend design approaches to meet performance requirements for new or improved products.
- Investigate solutions to product or process problems.
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks.
- Work independently from minimal instruction to develop complex design solutions.
- Requires Multi-tasking in an evolving project environment with aggressive timelines
- Perform tolerance analysis.
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Support testing of products. Tooling design and product testing.
- Provide support to resolve vendor manufacturing issues.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Work Experience
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical design.
- Precision mechanical, electronics packaging design experience required.
- Extensive 3D CAD experience, Pro-e/Creo required.
- Strong understanding of GD&T principles and tolerance analysis.
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and precision assembly methods.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to decipher highly technical data.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
Additional Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- AS degree in design is preferred
- Casting and injection molding experience
Citizenship and Security
- Must be a US citizen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk or reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while preforming the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer - M/F/Disability/Vet. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. The Company's policies regarding recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, transfer, training and all other personnel matters are free from discriminatory practices. #LEL