Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Altavista VA currently has an opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor. This site is Abbott’s largest Nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. But working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 650+ that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the preventive and predictive maintenance programs, maintenance line support, and the department and plant maintenance budgets, also coordinate plant shutdown assignments, provide capital project input and support as well as overseeing the maintenance resources necessary to assure the production plan is met and/or exceeded while maintaining a zero incident safety mindset, teamwork attitude and excellent customer service.
- Ensure compliance to all procedures and policies concerning all areas of quality, regulatory, safety and human resources.
- Review and verify Work Orders and shift documentation. Ensure that maintenance schedules are formulated to maximum plant advantage and ensure schedules are met. Responsible for the accuracy of the documentation required to support maintenance work.
- Ensure timely and relevant communications to and from all levels. This includes assuring communications to Department Manager, between shifts and to related departments.
- Directly select, train, and supervise employees. Ensure that employees understand duties and responsibilities, and review and appraise employee performance against established expectations and company policies. Review and/or initiate all personnel and organizational changes for the respective shift. Coach, develop, and mentor employees in areas of responsibility. Develop growth plans; interpret, implement and support employee-related policies, procedures and programs. Assign tasks to direct staff.
- Assist in the implementation of improvement projects as assigned by the Department Manager. Provide leadership and valuable participation in team activities that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the Plant.
- Ensure financial performance goals are met (such as operating effectiveness, repair parts costs and overtime utilization). Assist in the development of departmental budgets, PMs and predictive maintenance tasks. Provide input into all changes including updates, cost improvements and plans. Be responsible for the financial performance of the assigned shift such that budgetary commitments are met. Make recommendations on capital investments. Supervise the resources for Preventive/Predictive Maintenance.
- Customer interface (in support of uptime and meeting production plan) through and/or daily performance review meetings.
- Lead capital plant projects or process improvement initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, food technology or engineering or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5 or more years leadership experience with an emphasis on supervision of direct reports, or equivalent experience in a maintenance field
- Previous experience as a mechanic, electrician or instrument tech beneficial
- Extensive experience in leading/managing projects or process improvement initiatives
- Previous Lean Six Sigma training beneficial.
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Previous experience in generating and managing financial budgets.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Production Maintenance Supervisor (Off Shift) Altavista, VA Plant
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Production Maintenance Supervisor (Off Shift) Altavista, VA Plant, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Production Maintenance Supervisor (Off Shift) Altavista, VA Plant and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
- Human Resources
- Employee Performance Management
- Complex Problem Solving