Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell’s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
1392-A Sarah Place
Ontario, CA 91761
The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for the cost-effective utilization of Regional Distribution Center (RDC) personnel, material, equipment and facility resources required to a conduct safe and efficient day to day distribution operation. Maintain a professional working relationship within and outside of the RDC organization to accomplish Logistic and Distribution goals while meeting Customer requirements and expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain established headcount levels for the RDC through active participation in the new employee recruitment and selection process.
- Ensure training and cross training of employees to develop and enhance employee skills necessary to meet established performance levels.
- Monitor employee performance and provides re-training and/or discipline as needed, to ensure consistent quality, productivity and safety.
- Monitor compliance to and enforce all safety and disciplinary policies. Take immediate action to correct any unsafe working conditions or practices.
- Establish work schedules and assignments for all employees in the RDC. Insure orders are processed and shipped by priority on time everyday.
- Complete employee time keeping records and maintain ongoing employee attendance records.
- Maintain appropriate housekeeping levels in the RDC.
- Maintain integrity of products and product inventory records in the RDC.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of supplies required to conduct operations.
- Monitor the conditions of assigned equipment and coordinate maintenance and repairs to ensure safe and reliable operations.
- Utilize the warehouse data systems to monitor, control and record warehouse operations related to various areas of the RDC.
- Monitor facility security on an ongoing basis. Insure facility is opened and closed to conduct daily operations or for emergency response activities.
- Contribute to or complete special projects as assigned by management.
- Proactively identify and implement Lean and process improvement concepts in the RDC to improve safety, efficiency, productivity, cost and quality.
Skills and Experience
- BS Degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with total management responsibility for a high-volume multi-Business Distribution operation and facility.
- Good Lean and Process Improvement skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bi-lingual preferred.
- MS Office experience.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems. SAP system experience a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Employee Performance Management