Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are currently seeking a Environmental Specialist III - LabPak Chemist
. In this role, the ESIII will travel daily to customer sites, including university, manufacturing, industrial and research customers. The team member is responsible for characterizing both hazardous and non-hazardous waste material, segregating the material, and lab packing the material per DOT, EPA and TSDF requirements. This position is also responsible for the preparation of all manifests and required documentation to meet DOT, EPA, and state regulations. Responsibilities: Provide lab pack services to technical customers. Identify, segregate, package and ship hazardous and non-hazardous waste, including some pharmaceutical waste. Properly prepare manifests, land disposal restrictions and associated paperwork for proper transportation of waste materials over the road. Responsible for ensuring the safety of team members and compliance of services provided to the customer. Perform other projects as required by customers, including inventory support, lab moves, on-site services, unknown characterization, high-hazard support, etc. Performs other related duties as required or requested. This position may work completely independently on some jobs, but will often provide technical and work direction to less experienced team members. This person is first and foremost a lab pack trained chemist capable of on-site waste characterization, packing and generation of all required documents that happens to drive a truck, but is not just a truck driver who only picks up hazardous waste.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education equivalent to Bachelor's Degree in the sciences or the equivalent in related work experience, one or more years of industry related experience as a lab pack technician preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license Must be willing to get qualified to operate a commercial motor vehicle rated at 26,001 pounds or greater (CDL B).
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of EPA and DOT Regulations as it relates to waste characterization and the transportation of hazardous waste. Some understanding of handling DEA controls is a plus.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Master the English language both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and understand customer needs; takes appropriate actions to ensure customer needs are met and proactively searches ways to increase customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently.
- Demonstrate the ability to persist with a specific course of action.
- Must be willing to commit the necessary time and effort to complete work assignments and do a quality job.
- Demonstrate the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and ability to review work for accuracy. Demonstrate ability to manage own time and schedule to get work accomplished and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate strong networking and proven relationship building skills and proven customer relationship development skills.
- Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and push/ or pull carts weighing up to 500 pounds.
- Must be able to travel within geographic assignments and occasional overnight assignments.
Hazardous Waste Operations And Emergency Response Standard (Hazwoper)
Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)