WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%URL blocked - click to apply
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Direct Support Professional works with vulnerable adults in a residential treatment setting and is responsible for ensuring that those portions of the treatment plan which deal with day-to-day and independent living skills are implemented. Acting as a positive role model and providing therapeutic parenting, the Direct Support Professional is charged with the fundamental responsibility of the client’s health and safety.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented Direct Support Professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- HS diploma or GED
- A Driver’s license
- The ability to empathize with, relate to and effectively work with participants of behavioral health services