Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macy’s. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer’s doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible – across the country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play – we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that’s right for you!
The Wave Planner is responsible for coordinating all activities with regards to the release and flow of orders throughout the Fulfillment Center. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow all the building guidelines in order to help maintain a safe work environment.
- Expertly uses WMS functionalities to maintain the proper workflow and balance through the outbound processes.
- Ensures that the FC has a sufficient amount of work for each of the outbound processing areas in order to meet SOT (Ship On Time) commitments, and maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Sets priorities of all work queues and provides regular updates to area managers on progress rates throughout the facility.
- Researches cancelled pick tickets and works with the FC Inventory Control team to troubleshoot issues and ensure stock accuracy standards are maintained.
- Ensures that all cartons are processed through to “Shipped” status at the end of each days wave cycles.
- Identifies training opportunities in the outbound processes.
- Practices open and continuous communication; values keeping others well informed; presents written and verbal ideas in easily understood ways; will be asked to conduct daily team meetings. Recognizes and celebrates individual and team performance with positive reinforcement.
- Ensures associates are working towards continuous improvement goals and objectives. Enlists associates to offer suggestions for process/culture improvement and champions their cause.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with WM wave planning software is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld technology.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, depth perception and color vision.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs.
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Wave Planner, Tulsa - Full Time here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Wave Planner, Tulsa - Full Time here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Wave Planner, Tulsa - Full Time here.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Warehouse Management System