Position Summary: Sells products for various manufacturers to business and industrial establishments including individuals at a sales office, store, showroom or customer’s place of business. Responsible for increasing sales and margins by calling on and building relationships with an assigned group of accounts Most sales calls are made externally at the client’s site of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Include the following; other duties may be assigned)
- Making consistent sales calls on assigned accounts (onsite and via telephone)
- Increases sales and margins to existing and new customers
- Introduce and demonstrate new products to accounts and conducts training as required.
- Survey new potential accounts and existing accounts on a regular basis
- Ensure computer pricing is updated by communicating with manager
- Develop strong vendor relationships
- Analyze changes in market conditions as they apply to territory
- Develop good working relationships with all specialists and support personnel
- Prepare credits and process in a timely manner
- Develop superior product knowledge to assist customer with product application
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Utilize the One Source Sales Management Dashboard tool for planning and documenting opportunities.
- Actively promotes and trains customers and is proficient in the One Source Digital platforms including mobile and web.
- Resolves problems such as customer claims, product application, etc.
- Works trade fair booths (as applicable).
- Maintains appropriate Account Rep. Manuals, keeping customer information current
- Provides feedback to branch management regarding market levels, products to stock, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
Electrical, Industrial and/or distribution experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degree (B.A or B.S.) from a 4-year college or University; or
- 3 - 5 years' of related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bring purpose and plan of action before calling on accounts
- Report any observed customer financial problems to management
- Promote Value-Add proposition
- Partner with Inside Sales person on accounts for appropriate support
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Must demonstrate good time management skills
- Must possess strong planning, organizational and execution skills
- Must have the ability to set goals and meet deadlines
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Business Relationship Management
- Claim Processing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service