To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
P.O. Box 7700
Las Vegas, NV 89177
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apprentice Bartender - Lago (Bellagio)
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It is the primary responsibility of the Apprentice Bartender to service guests in a courteous, timely, and professional manner while ensuring his/her outlet is clean, organized, and properly stocked at all times. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Property policies, practices, and procedures.
- Clean all equipment, tools, and supplies and ensure that equipment is in good working order.
- Greet guests in a positive, friendly manner and make them feel welcome.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the bar.
- Stock the bar with supplies necessary for service.
- Complete opening side duties including: checking the quality and amount of all bar stock and supplies through checklist; setting up bottles in display cabinet and speed rail; checking the condition and cleanliness of blender, shaker and other tools; checking the temperature of refrigeration units and glass wash machine.
- Re-fill ice coolers, garnish trays, straws and napkins.
- Perform all opening and closing duties, based upon shift assignment.
- Bid farewell to guests, using guest’s name when known, and encourage them to return.
- Anticipate the guests’ needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Work as a team to assist all guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
- Follow all procedures and policies set forth by the Company, division and department.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 1 year of previous experience as a Bar Porter, Apprentice Bartender or Bartender.
- Ability to mix and serve drinks following standard recipes.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.